Hey there guys, had a quick question and was wondering if any of you suffer from the same problem. I'm currently running a hybrid (PC 2.5 I believe)

I was getting 2-2.5 days of battery life on my phone with moderate usage. I was using vodafone india as my carrier. I then decided to switch carriers, and notice that my phone is much more frequently accessing the network. Consequently, my battery life lasts like 1-1.5 days max with the same usage. This is with being on 2g. Does anyone have a clue as to why this is happening? I've resent the service books and battery pulled a couple of times. Btw, this observation has been made over the past 2-3 weeks. If I sent myself a mail, on vodafone it would take upto 5-10 minutes before I received it on my phone while with my new carrier, its within 30 seconds.

The way I'm figuring it, my new carrier is talking to the bb servers more often hence increasing the data usage -> decreased battery life. Is that the case? I thought blackberry has uniform standards for all carriers?

Any input would be appreciated.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-10 09:43 AM
    Are you in a 3g coverage area at all? Do you have the phone locked to 2g?
    And it could be an issue with the hybrid your running. Try loading one of the latest official releases. I am running 656 and have 1.5/2 days of usage depending on what I am doing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-10 10:24 AM
    maybe 3rd apps running on background?
    06-02-10 10:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD