hey so i just got the new bold 9700 and the battery seems to be dieing in about 10 hours. i unplug it from the charger around 9 in the morning when i head to school and by 6 o-clock its already at about 10percent. any one have a solution to this?
    06-01-10 10:01 PM
    Yes, charge it throughout the day. That is what the battery likes and how it works best.
    06-01-10 10:04 PM
    wasnt the 9700 suppose to have the best battery of the bb products? my old curve use to last me 2 days
    06-01-10 10:12 PM
    Yea, u can also keep your phone in stand by mode when your not using it that saves battery as well

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-10 10:13 PM
    Make sure you are closing apps you aren't using so they aren't running in the background. Some apps can really suck the juice. Press and hold the menu button and you will get a pop-up bar showing all the programs running. There are 5 that won't close: Home Screen, BBM, Phone, Messages and Browser. If you have other things running there like camera, maps, media, etc, that you aren't using, select them and then open the menu and select Close or Exit.

Dimming the backlight can also help. Turn off Bluetooth and WiFi if you don't use them.
    06-01-10 10:34 PM
    yes, the 9700 has the best battery life produced by RIM. As thesonicman said. you either have a lot of apps running in the background or you have a faulty battery. I use my Berry with heavy data usage for 18 hrs some days, and I still have 30-40% left at the end of the day.
    06-02-10 06:08 AM
    I suspect you have more running than your old 8700. The Bold DOES have a great battery and last the average person a good day and then some. I consider myself a moderate user and always come home with more than 50% battery remaining at the end of the day before I drop it in the charging cradle.
    06-02-10 06:40 AM
    my battery is amazing, i text, bbm, get emails through out the say, constantly get on the internet from 8am until about midnight its off the charger and it's only at 80%
    06-02-10 10:39 AM
    Also, make sure some apps you have installed don't run services in the background. For example, Twitter downloads new tweets every few minutes (I think it's 10 by default). I'm pretty sure Facebook runs in the background even when closed. Newsreaders will unless you exit completely (Reuters, AP, Time). Hope that helps.
    06-02-10 01:23 PM
    Don't panic - it will settle - have you done a battery pull yet? Memory managment and battery life will get better after 2-3 pulls and 2-3 recharges

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-10 02:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD