I charged my BB till 100% and used it until it went down to 93% and turned off my phone. The next day, i turned it on and checked that it went down to 91% without me doing anything. Is it the battery indicator that's wrong or something else?
    07-15-11 03:55 AM
    what version are you on? i faced the same problem when i was using .448

using .600 and the problem's solved
    07-15-11 09:31 AM
    Why not just keep your phone plugged in? It won't hurt the battery to keep it topped off.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-11 01:29 PM
    1) Your phone is never fullly 'off' when you power it down. The only way to ensure nothing is running is to remove the battery.

2) A 2% drop overnight can hardly be considered a 'drain'. That's perfectly natural and nothing to worry about.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Laura Knotek, Fubaz and shadowdude like this.
    07-15-11 05:29 PM
    i am commenting to just say that I just facepalmed myself so hard to this post!
    07-15-11 05:49 PM
    what version are you on? i faced the same problem when i was using .448

using .600 and the problem's solved
    How do you get the .600 update? because i connected it to my computer and it said there's no updates to be installed and i got a little icon on the top with an arrow going through a circle.
    07-16-11 02:12 AM
    How do you get the .600 update? because i connected it to my computer and it said there's no updates to be installed and i got a little icon on the top with an arrow going through a circle.
    Unless your carrier has officially released .600 you'll have to download and install it manually yourself. Desktop Manager will only search for the latest official OS release for your carrier, that's why it found no updates for you.

Instructions on how to install a new OS are here... CrackBerry 101 - How to install or upgrade to a new RIM Operating System

The icon with an arrow through a circle is just an App World app update notification. If you open App World and login to My World, you will be shown which app has an update.
    shadowdude likes this.
    07-16-11 03:11 AM
    Thanks alot phil! great advices you gave there
    07-16-11 04:24 AM
    It's quite normal for a battery to discharge by 2% if it's still connected to the phone. About the official updates, well rightly said by Phil.. unless your carrier officially releases them you cannot download it via the desktop manager and I would not advice anyone (unless you are into testing) to download unofficial OS versions.
    shadowdude likes this.
    07-16-11 06:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD