Hi all,

I'm having problems with my battery draining very quickly. I charged my phone this morning before I left for work and by the time I got to work (takes me about 45 minutes) my battery had totally drained. I was not using my phone on the way to work either. I was using my Playbook though and the playbook wasn't drained at all.

Also, when I leave my phone charging in my computer overnight, when I get up in the morning the battery is not charged, but drained. It's like the computer is zapping my battery. So I have to charge it again before I leave for work.

Anyone have the same problem and do you have a solution to the problem?

Thanks.
    06-20-13 12:48 PM
    You probably need a new battery.

I had the same problem with my 9900 several months ago. Bought a new battery for about $10 on Amazon. My phone worked like new again.

Caution, if ordering from Amazon....read the reviews. Apparently some batteries aren't official BlackBerry batteries and don't work well.
    06-20-13 12:55 PM
    Also, if you get a new battery, try as much as possible to not overcharge the battery. Turn it off, and charge it, should charge full within 1-2 hours. Then disconnect it. Overcharging may be responsible for depleted battery life. Additionally, you can check the moisture indicator (white sticker on the battery) to see if it has discolored in any form. Hope this helps...
    06-20-13 01:13 PM
    Thanks. I will try both your answers.
    06-20-13 03:10 PM
    And while you're at it I suggest you get or enable Applications Resource Monitor. If you have a program open that's draining power it'll alert you and ask if you want that program closed.

Also enable BlackBerry Device Analyzer it does a host of things and can run a diagnostic of what might be draining your battery.

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/b...ListHelperImpl

Posted via CB10
    06-20-13 05:36 PM