Hello,

As you all know, I've had my 9900 for just over a year now. Love it and everything, but lately I've had this random problem with the battery. I generally charge it up over night, as it usually just about lasts the day most days. However, lately, just odd times, I'll take it off charge and it gets really warm and the battery drains really quickly and I've been left a few times without phone while I've been out.

There's nothing running on it really, no apps. Facebook is on there but logged out mostly. What is it? what can i do? new battery? Anyone know? Also my phone is not backing up via BlackBerry Protect, is it down or something? I wondered if it was that.

Thanks for any help, much appreciated x
    06-30-14 11:41 AM
    Usually when the phone gets very hot and runs hot daily, it means there is something going on like: searching for a wifi signal it can't reach or an app running in the background.

Have you installed anything new recently?
    GlamGemini likes this.
    06-30-14 11:52 AM
    No, not installed anything new.

Have just done my updates for apps on blackberry world, but it was bad before that. Also it seems to have updated the Application Monitor thingy? Do I need that? does it do anything?

Not sure what to do really. But no new apps or anything.
    06-30-14 01:28 PM
    Hello GlamGemini,

on my device I had a simmilar problem. After installing the Application Resource Monitor everything is ok now.
    Link: https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...countrycode=DE

Best regards
    GlamGemini likes this.
    07-01-14 12:12 AM
    Have deleted Application Manager as that seemed to be making it worse. It seems ok today. Have had it plugged into the laptop and it did say that the usb isn't connecting properly, which i had noticed in the phone end. so could be that as well.
    07-01-14 01:35 PM