Is anyone experiencing a battery drain on your phone after intalling OS 6? Before using the new operating system, my battery was fine and lasted all day, but today I've noticed that it's already half way drained and I have not been using hardly any apps. I even turned of the wireless, but I did not have these problems before having installed OS 6. Any suggestions?
    04-22-11 11:12 AM
    I did these steps to improve my phone's battery life. I am not sure which one actually helped but you can give these steps a try if you want. Worked for me though.

1/ Disabled Event Log:
    Steps.
    Press alt+lglg
    Press Menu - Clear Log
    Again press Menu - Options and change Min log level to Warning
    Again press menu, click on HIDE ALL TYPES and save the settings

2/ Install Memory Booster and run it once a week to free up your memory.

3/ Facebook
    Open Facebook, press menu, options and change CHECK FOR NEW FEEDS to EVERY 3 HOURS (This one actually is an important step)

4/ Screen Display - Backlight Brightness 30 to 50, backlight timeout to 30 sec and check Automatically Dim Backlight

5/ Use Wifi and bluetooth only when you need 'em.

6/ Do a hard restart (Batt Pull) at least once in 15 days

7/ If you use 3G services then it's fine else go into
    Mobile Network - Network Mode and change to 2G

8/ Make sure you check which apps are running in the background by long pressings main menu key. Usually there are 5 active apps Home - Browser - Phone - BBM - Messaging. Close the unwanted ones.

Hope it works for you.

Peace
    Qaiser Walvir
    04-22-11 11:49 AM
    Thank you for that little trick about holding the menu button to see what's running in the background. I've been a Crackberry addict for 6 years and didn't know about that.

You are a magnificent pagen god!

Vince.
    04-22-11 12:26 PM
    My phone is BB 9700. The phone's battery was drained a couple of time when I upgraded to OS 6.0.0.448, but it did not happen when I try some new version of OS 6. So upgrade OS may fix the problem. Good luck to ya!
    04-22-11 12:42 PM
    I need an Os 6 with 2G network Mode Only not 2G & 3G combined for Blackberry 9700. Any help anyone? I have it on OS 5 and it saves battery life considerably but I want it on OS 6 please.
    03-08-14 12:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD