Hi. I bought my phone second hand not a week ago and they told me it would need a new battery so I bought one, and yet it still dies with no warning and more than half a battery full, any ideas whats wrong?
    03-28-13 12:22 PM
    HMMMM. What are you doing when it decides to die?

I would say do a software flash...if that doesn't work then.............................I would say do a software update (if one is available)

If all solutions fail take it back and request another device or refund. You never know with second hand handsets...could be faulty.
    03-28-13 12:41 PM
    various things, once i was in the middle of a phone call, another time just chatting on bbm, and whats a software flash?
    03-28-13 12:58 PM
    Most likely a battery problem. You're gonna have to replace the battery.
    03-28-13 03:32 PM
    if you ever bought the new one battery its mean the problem it wasn't the batteries its seem as like you had some bugs crash in software bbm or any application that you really don't know its were running in your phone made your battery drowning down faster, my blackberry if my battery shown 15% its will be dies automatically so if you ever try wipe security your device phone doesn't fix your issue, maybe your phone have problem hardware issue that mean you have to go to service your hardware blackberry.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    03-31-13 06:44 AM
    There are a lot of cheap and fake batteries out there. And what you describe sounds like bad batteries to me. Especially as you phone dies at the same battery level each time.

Do you have any friends with Blackberry Bold 9780s? If yes, ask to borrow their battery for a day. Do a swap with them and see what happens. If you see the same problem - then you can blame the phone. If you see the battery last a decent time then you know you need to find a better battery supplier.
    03-31-13 09:08 AM
    I had the same problem. It is most likely a battery issue. I had to buy a genuine new Blackberry battery to remedy my issue. My first battery replacement did nothing. Come to find out it too was a bad battery. Spend the money and get a genuine brand new RIM battery like the ones you can get here from the accessories site.
    When your berry dies with apparently half charge remaining, this is a classic battery issue.
    Good luck.
    03-31-13 10:57 PM
    get a genuine battery and make sure its a recent import , i had the same prb , i got a new battery which sorted the prob
    04-30-13 05:30 PM
    My 9780 was notorious for that, be at 40-50% and then would just shut off. I think in the end a software update did the trick. I have my Z10 now so no more Bold bs

Posted via Naked BlackBerry Z10
    05-02-13 10:36 PM