I got my Bold on August 28th of last year. My battery life has been reasonable good (at least one day) even with all the radios on, receiving 50 to 60 e mails a day, doing some browsing and usually spending about an hour reading books or RSS feeds. I charge the phone every night on the plug in charger. The last two days the battery has run out of juice about 5 p.m. in the afternon.

Is this battery shot? Are there any cheaper after market batteries that are any good?
    08-14-09 08:01 AM
    Hard to say, but yeah, it could be running out of life after a year. That's any rechargeable battery, though.
    08-14-09 08:03 AM
    Quite possible. The Li batteries only have so many charges in them (and from what I remember, it's the fewest of most battery types). And any rechargeable battery will start losing capacity over time (as bt224 said).

As far as replacement batteries, I wouldn't go for the cheapest to be honest. They are more likely (in my experience at least) to die more quickly, overheat during supposed normal use, and if they leak and destroy your BlackBerry, then it's not a bargin. I've only ever used RIM manufactured batts in my BB devices, but in other handhelds I've used Seidio and Mugen (sp?) batteries without issue. Haven't decided if I'm going to use them or not after my current battery fades away.
    08-14-09 08:37 AM
    Check out dealextreme.com get the extended battery...dirt cheap.
    08-14-09 09:15 AM
    What os do you have?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-09 12:12 PM
    Check out dealextreme.com get the extended battery...dirt cheap.
    is that website good?
    08-14-09 12:44 PM
    Yeah would say its probably time to get a new battery. But at least we have the option to change our batteries.

08-14-09 02:19 PM
    I am running OS 282. This is now the third day the battery has given up the ghost by 5 p.m. I will start looking for one and thanks for the info about dealextreme but I live in Canada and may have to check out some local websites that ship from here.
    08-14-09 05:24 PM
    Your not the only one. I'd pick up a few new batts
    08-14-09 06:51 PM
    One year is about a lifetime of a battery. You can get them dirt cheap and OEM on ebay.

08-14-09 07:01 PM
    One year is about a lifetime of a battery. You can get them dirt cheap and OEM on ebay.

I've pretty much have the same problem as the OP. Battery is draining
    quickly now. But the OEM ones I find on Ebay somehow don't seem legit to me.
    08-14-09 07:03 PM
    I like Truesupplier - Blackberry Accessories & PDA Accessories wholesale Co. ot takes a while for the order to get here, coming from hong kong, but you can pick up 4 replacement batteries, they appear to be oem, for the price of one new one from blackberry, plus they have a lot of cool parts and accessories if you wanted to pimp your berry.

08-14-09 07:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD