I have downloaded 4 of these from App World. None of the 4 work. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
    04-23-12 02:06 PM
    Barcode scanner works
    04-23-12 02:46 PM
    I have downloaded 4 of these from App World. None of the 4 work. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
    The one built into the App World app works for me... inside App World hit Menu then 'Scan a Barcode' and you're set.
    hzguo likes this.
    04-23-12 04:04 PM
    Use the one in appworld. It works great and why download another app when its built in to the app that you're using to search for apps.
    A lot of people mess up when they do it. You do not need to press the button and take an image of it. When you open app worlds built in barcode scanner, you will see 4 corners of a box in the middle of the screen. Line up the barcode with the square in the app and presto! It works! No pressing the putton to take a picture. Hope this helps.
    hzguo likes this.
    04-23-12 11:16 PM
    QR code scanner pro works pretty well, and its free.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-24-12 12:58 AM
    try the nfc app. it has a barcode reader option in it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    12-27-12 04:14 AM
    Most I have come across only read Q Codes. Red Laser, unfortunately not available for BB, is the best I have come across so far. As you can see there are numerous types

Barcode Reader that works on my Bold?-easypicture0203.jpg

I would like to be able to scan a barcode and do a price comparison and product information. Not sure if appworld scanner does this, though I have never tried. Dont come across QCodes much in the UK, all tend to be UPC. The Bold 9900 not having auto focus can be a hindrance too
    kolok and jegs2 like this.
    12-27-12 06:41 AM
    The Bold 9900 not having auto focus can be a hindrance too
    That, perhaps, is the biggest issue with the BB9900 relating to scanning codes.

Informative post regarding different codes and scanner software.

Cheers
    heading4tomorrow and jegs2 like this.
    12-29-12 10:46 PM

Cheers
    I am having a tough time trying to get BB to read any code at all. I try to hold it as far as possible, still difficult.
    I just use manual search and type the numbers instead.

More important than being able to scan codes, which price comparison tool or website (regardless off barcode support or not) do you use nowadays?
    04-22-13 01:25 PM
    I am having a tough time trying to get BB to read any code at all. I try to hold it as far as possible, still difficult.
    I just use manual search and type the numbers instead.

More important than being able to scan codes, which price comparison tool or website (regardless off barcode support or not) do you use nowadays?
    I know exactly what you mean. My wife's iPhone has a cool barcode reader that also pops up the product at other stores in the area for price comparison. I've yet to find that in BB World. The one built into the device doesn't work worth crap either. Maybe soon we'll get one.
    04-22-13 03:45 PM

Cheers
    That particular limitation, along with the web browser sluggishness, are the only two things I dislike about my 9930.
    08-20-13 02:38 PM
    The one built into the App World app works for me... inside App World hit Menu then 'Scan a Barcode' and you're set.
    Works the best for me also.
    10-18-13 03:49 PM