08-24-08 01:16 AM
81 ... 234
tools
    Respectfully, I doubt very seriously AT&T is going to rush the quality of their product on the fact a small minority of it's subscribers is impatient and wants the device right now. Because those same impatient subscribers would be raising HEL L when said device didn't operate to it's fullest.
    We as Blackberry loyalist should be totally happy they are taking their time to give us the device we want but more so that they are ensuring it will work at it's fullest potential.

I couldn't have said this better myself. I commend companies that don't rush products out just because. I hate returning/exchanging my devices. They should work right out the box. This reminds me of the PS3 that were defective and Sony knew about but still pushed out to meet deadlines. That is a (pardon my french) f**k*d up company right there. One of my friends actually worked for them and told me there were multiple issues after issues with the first batch or so. I believe some of the effects were long term and the user wouldn't notice until later down the line and was the biggest reason for them to push it out.
    08-23-08 06:21 PM
    I'm new the forum and am planning on buying a blackberry. I heard some news today that I thought everyone should know. Phonegeek was right about the bold being delayed (I know everyone is hearing so many stories and there are probably a million threads on the issue) but I trust the source. I was in an AT&T corp store (know the rep for years) and they said that due to "extreme software difficulties" the bold is being delayed until November (the Bold rep was just in the other day). Also, there is a new blackberry curve being released in Sept (with OSv4.5). It's the 8320, will be in blue, and have WiFi, and they showed me the rebate form to prove it's coming out. If you ask me I'll take my chances with that phone instead of waiting on the Bold with all its problems, especially if it comes with the new OS (which will be released on AT&T's bb download site when the phone comes out).
    08-23-08 07:18 PM
    Wow an official 4.5 release on a US carrier, AND on at&t. I thought it would never come. That might be enough to keep me from driving up to canada for another month. I hope.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-08 10:42 PM
    First off folks don't shoot the messenger. I am mearly passing along information that I have learned as a device tester of the Bold for AT&T.

Due to some lingering problems, software, roaming, etc the Bold is being pushed back to Halloween time frame. I realize this will anger and disappoint many of you but as I said I am mearly passing along what I have learned...
    I believe BlackBerry is doing this in a much smarter way than when Apple did their iPHONE 3G roll out.

Instead of doing a hyped worldwide release the selective country/carrier approach will allow BB to better support the carriers in their customer support and ultimately the end user.
    08-23-08 10:55 PM
    AH, well, with the Iphone 3G I go. I was sure waiting on the BOLD, but Oct...ummm.. lol.
    08-23-08 11:37 PM
    I have been a BB user for some time, and after learning of the BOLD researching the phone is what led me here to become a member of the CB community. Just like the PS3 problems that were mentioned, I can remember the issues with the release of the XBOX360. I was one of the lucky ones that was issued the red ring. Not to mention Microsoft kept the discthat was stuck in it.
    People like us that get word of a unit with this kind of hype, and wanting one so bad. It makes you feel like you a kid again and Christmas cant get here quick enough.
    I totally agree with both sides of the issue. Regardless of who is to blame, several people have seriously dropped the ball with all the hype and no real US release date. On the other hand, I agree that no one wants a funky non working device.
    So for my second post here on CB, thats my view on the situation....
    08-24-08 01:16 AM
81 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD