08-24-08 01:16 AM
81 1234
tools
    Although not totally unexpected, it is disappointing news to hear another delay. Taking so long to come to market is always a bad sign for a product. Maybe I will wait for the 9220 if it surfaces.

So far the Bold is Vaporware to me... I hear about it... I see pictures of it... I get to third base.. but... still nothing.
    08-18-08 02:49 PM
    with them having this many issues, i'm becoming leary about getting one even when they finally DO become available. I wonder what issues we'll have with the final product. This is frustrating.
    08-18-08 02:58 PM
    Looks like I might have to settle for an 8310 or 8820. I just want a phone with Wi-Fi, a camera, and the look/feel of the 8820.

Actually, I might as well jump back to an iPhone. I had a EDGE iPhone, but sold it when I first heard of the Bold. 3G iPhone here I come.
    08-18-08 03:25 PM
    Thanks for the update.
    08-18-08 03:26 PM
    If the Bold - which is really just an evolutionary change from prior Blackberrys - has so many problems, I fear for the Thunder, since it's unlike any Blackberry before it.

So glad I got my Curve. Besides, by the time the Bold/Javelin/Niagra/9220 are ready to come out and play, will be about the time my Curve is ready to be replaced.
    08-18-08 03:29 PM
    yes an official word would be great - i've been waiting for this thing for months now and i've checked rim and crackberry sites daily hoping to see some good news - what should i buy - yeah i wanted wifi as well - suggestions?
    08-18-08 03:52 PM
    Awful awful news, so im stuck with this basic flip phone sans all features until October! My firm is having an internal Blackberry Fair this Friday, AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile and Sprint representatives will be in. I can't physically make it to the office, have to go out to a client site, but I will try to have a question submitted and answered concerning this matter. We'll see what happens.....
    08-18-08 04:29 PM
    at this point i'm just going to go dig out my old Nokia 3390 and just give up. This doesn't suprise me one bit.
    08-18-08 04:37 PM
    Does anyone know the final price of the Bold witthout activation?
    This delay is rediculous, i am juts going to get an iphone.
    HA JK!!
    08-18-08 04:49 PM
    thank you, phonegeek, for keeping us updated.

this is really disappointing news. and what's worse, the bold's biggest competition will now be the javelin and possibly even the thunder. rim's other devices will either be pushed back to compensate or all the devices will eat into each other's sales. sure helps apple, though.
    08-18-08 04:52 PM
    Haha october halloween time. We should start refering to it as the BooBerry Bold. I hear it only releases on a full moon. And the no contract price is eternal damnation.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-08 05:17 PM
    going against the android
    08-18-08 06:31 PM
    Mighty Bold is once again pushed back? Relax "ladies"...this is merely hear say just like those soap opera tabloids. It'll come in good time. I'm sure RIM as a very very good excuse for putting us at the edge of our seats.
    08-18-08 06:47 PM
    Someone made reference to a public relations problem because of 3G net issues with iPhone. Let me say that the network issues you see with the 3G iPhone are device related (radio problem) and not the network.

As for sales of the iPhone we have sold 2x the number of devices over the same number of sales days for iPhone I...

Personally I still don't like the iPhone but hey we're selling the $#!% out them.
    08-18-08 07:53 PM
    This news sucks. I just pulled the trigger on an 8310. Thanks PhoneGeek for sucking the fun out of Monday!
    08-18-08 08:28 PM
    First off folks don't shoot the messenger. I am mearly passing along information that I have learned as a device tester of the Bold for AT&T.

Due to some lingering problems, software, roaming, etc the Bold is being pushed back to Halloween time frame. I realize this will anger and disappoint many of you but as I said I am mearly passing along what I have learned...
    Regardless of the bad news I am glad that they are finding out about these problems before releasing the bold. I would be even more pissed off if I bought the phone and encountered all these problems. I probably would have threw it against the wall and would have to end up buying another one. Plus this gives me a little more time to enjoy the curve. I haven't encountered any problems with it since I had it. I'm ok with the delay I guess, but the bold better be pretty damn reliable after all this. Just my 2 cents.

08-18-08 08:51 PM
    yep, i did the same thing....so both at&t and rim still win. i like the curve and i know its a great phone - it just would have been nice to have all the features that the bold offers. i've been waiting since my contract with verizon was up at the end of may, i just couldn't wait any longer. sucks.
    08-18-08 08:55 PM
    Haha october halloween time. We should start refering to it as the BooBerry Bold. I hear it only releases on a full moon. And the no contract price is eternal damnation.

ROTFFL!!!! thats hilarious
    08-18-08 08:57 PM
    This was posted at FoxNews just tonight. If at&t releases this before Halloween then I will be more than happy to be all wet.

FOXNews.com - September U.S. Launch Likely for BlackBerry Bold - Science News | Science & Technology | Technology News
    08-18-08 09:28 PM
    This was posted at FoxNews just tonight. If at&t releases this before Halloween then I will be more than happy to be all wet.

FOXNews.com - September U.S. Launch Likely for BlackBerry Bold - Science News | Science & Technology | Technology News
    I'm going to have to go with your prediction PG. That article they referenced was a little old.
    08-18-08 10:06 PM
    I was willing to switch to ATT for this phone

Im gonna wait until mid September until I get REALLY discouraged.
    08-18-08 10:19 PM
    I've had my pearl for over a year and I'm ready and willing to end my contract with TMO and pay the cost to go to ATT for the Bold. My mixed emotions comes in the fact that the longer I wait the less I'll have to pay to break my contract with TMO but I wanted the Bold!! Now that all these devices will be comming out so close to eachother I won't be able to make up my mind! oh what to do what to do
    08-18-08 10:36 PM
    I'm going to have to go with your prediction PG. That article they referenced was a little old.

Yes I have to agree. This article was seen a couple of days ago.
    08-18-08 11:20 PM
    Thanks PG.
    08-18-08 11:49 PM
    Is this for real now, is this just speculation?
    08-20-08 09:54 AM
81 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD