First off folks don't shoot the messenger. I am mearly passing along information that I have learned as a device tester of the Bold for AT&T.

Due to some lingering problems, software, roaming, etc the Bold is being pushed back to Halloween time frame. I realize this will anger and disappoint many of you but as I said I am mearly passing along what I have learned...
    08-18-08 09:48 AM
    First off folks don't shoot the messenger. I am mearly passing along information that I have learned as a device tester of the Bold for AT&T.

Due to some lingering problems, software, roaming, etc the Bold is being pushed back to Halloween time frame. I realize this will anger and disappoint many of you but as I said I am mearly passing along what I have learned...
    Thanks for the info PG but seriously what else is to be expected from this whole situation.
    08-18-08 10:05 AM
    might want to tell kevin this. He could maybe get more info and make a blog post.
    08-18-08 10:15 AM
    October? From a June release...or ok, a july release...to October?! Ugh, this is unbelievable. Rim can't be too happy with the issues at&t is having. All these other carriers are releasing the phone but due to some reason(s) with at&t's network (which i guess is more complex?) the phone is being pushed off until Halloween? Ordering my Curve in the next ten minutes, i'm done waiting.
    08-18-08 10:20 AM

OK, I'll go ahead and say it, Halloween of which year?
    08-18-08 10:31 AM
    Phonegeek,

I'm considering buying an unlocked phone and using it on att. Can you tell me as a tester if you personally are having these problems?
    08-18-08 10:36 AM
    Thanks PG. You know no matter what the news CB is just glad to have the "CORRECT" news in regards to this device. Hey, check with your superiors, becuase RIM is supposed to release the Final OS today. Thanks for keeping CB up to date.

To the poster above, anything that will run on Rogers will run on AT&T. But thats not to say you won't encounter problems that PG has spoken of.
    08-18-08 10:44 AM
    Phonegeek,

I'm considering buying an unlocked phone and using it on att. Can you tell me as a tester if you personally are having these problems?
    I have heard from people that RIM is locking all Blackberry Bold pins that are being activated in the USA. RIM says that they will unlock the pins once the device is released in the States (AT&T). I don't know how true this is, but I would call RIM and ask them this before paying money for a Rogers unlocked Bold.
    08-18-08 10:48 AM
    God knows it might be ready for Christmas next year with this speed
    08-18-08 10:49 AM
    well Im just not getting my hopes up high anymore, just gonna be wait it out, and CMEC, love your sig
    08-18-08 10:50 AM
    well Im just not getting my hopes up high anymore, just gonna be wait it out, and CMEC, love your sig
    Thanks Purpleberry!
    08-18-08 10:53 AM
    OH GOSH. this is ridiculous. i might as well wait for this supposed 9220!!!
    08-18-08 10:58 AM
    I heard that RIM is locking pins too. Still dunno how much truth there is to that. I guess you'll know when you try.
    08-18-08 11:01 AM
    It is what it is. Thanks PG for what you know.
    08-18-08 11:04 AM
    oh my!
    Wow! AT&T wus the deal!! So sad, so very very sad
    08-18-08 11:11 AM
    I'm Disgusted
    08-18-08 11:14 AM
    Looks like I'll be making a road trip up to canada. Even tho the news is that Rogers bolds are bieng delayed too. What happens should RIM decide to lock out my pin?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-08 11:34 AM
    That's it. I am moving to Canada. PG, i know you have great information and have never steered this forum wrong but I am hoping you just misheard something.

What is the problem exactly?
    08-18-08 12:23 PM

Can we just take the 3 people who still roam and ship them to Canada? I just need 3G tethering and push email. I'm sure the Bold works well enough for that.
    08-18-08 01:32 PM
    can anyone say positively they are gonna lock the pins cause if not imma have to get mine from canada unlocked as well sorry oct is too longs aways
    08-18-08 01:36 PM
    As another point worth mentioning this is NOT an AT&T network issue. This is a RIM issue. Last week AT&T collected all the bold test devices that were issued and RIM shipped us brand new ones. I think we are beyond what could be fixed with SW releases.

Now I know there will be some here that say "how can than be if other carriers are releasing it". I can't speak to what other carriers do but I will tell you that for RIM to go through and collect and issue new test devices tells me that they have a hardware issue to resolve.....

Oh and we are up to OS 4.6.0.120 now.
    08-18-08 02:23 PM
    Bad news indeed.

I'm not sure I can wait that long especially when I don't know what the thing is going to sell for. I could manage to wait only to have it release at price I am not willing to pay. Decisions, decisions. Any news on a Curve from AT&T with wifi?
    Last edited by RoninKSB; 08-18-08 at 02:32 PM.
    08-18-08 02:29 PM
    As another point worth mentioning this is NOT an AT&T network issue. This is a RIM issue. Last week AT&T collected all the bold test devices that were issued and RIM shipped us brand new ones. I think we are beyond what could be fixed with SW releases.

Now I know there will be some here that say "how can than be if other carriers are releasing it". I can't speak to what other carriers do but I will tell you that for RIM to go through and collect and issue new test devices tells me that they have a hardware issue to resolve.....

Oh and we are up to OS 4.6.0.120 now.
    Since receiving the new 9000 have you noticed any hardware differences. I had heard rumors or a glass display and metal not platic band around the phone. Also, you told us last time that all test was to be completed by Aug. 11. I assume this was when you had to give back the first 9000. Have you been told a date to complete testing with the new model?
    08-18-08 02:31 PM
    Now, that IS interesting.

I for one would love to know what hardware changes were made, and why.

Also, how that affects Bolds which (for example) were released by Orange in the UK over the weekend?

Should we be concerned, I wonder?

Edit: It would be interesting to get to the bottom of this glass/plastic/metal issue also!
    08-18-08 02:32 PM
    The glass vs plastic thing will be a non issue for 99% of most Bold users. I know that you don't believe me but my test device after a month worth of use had NO scratches on screen. Previously I had an 8820 and within three days I had a minor scratch on it and several light scratches from cleaning...

The hardware differences I can't speak to what the changes are because specifically I don't know. I can tell you that the SW had been tweaked to the point where it was restarting, shutting down the radios, etc in the last days before replacement.

Yes we were asked to complete our testing on 8/11 and we did. The hardware change the next day and we have been asked to continue testing the new version...
    08-18-08 02:48 PM
81 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD