I can't perform backup for my BB Bold

Everytime I try to do a backup, it will run smoothly halfway, but when it reaches the Handheld Key Store portion, the backup process will stop and I will get a pop-up box that say "Unknow Error".

Other than this issue, my BB Bold works fine.

Really appreciate anyone who can help with this issue.

Thanks.
    06-28-09 09:24 PM
    I can't tell you why it's happening, but I've had the same problem with mine. It is not specific to the "Handheld Key Store" for me, changes every time I try to do a backup. Corrupted files as far as I can tell. You can get around this by doing an "Advanced" backup. Manually select the files that you'd like to back up and save. This file can be used to restore your device the same way as the regular backup. Select the files in chunks in order to avoid the corrupted files - if the selected chunk won't move over, it'll be because you have selected a corrupted file. Select each from that chunk individually and ignore the corrupted file that won't go. You should be able to get 99% of your files to move over so your backup should be ok.
    06-28-09 09:53 PM
    As ridiculous as it sounds, clear your browser's cache and try the backup again. It works, seriously.

Chris
    06-29-09 01:58 AM
    Hi crandle13 and Tronyx (Chirs),

Thanks to both of you for the advice.

Chris, I tried you solution first but I still can't get it to backup. I have 2 browsers installed in my BB, the original BB Browser and Opera Mini. With BB Browser, I can clear the cache, but for Opera there is only clear cookies option.

Do both browsers share the same caching folder? ie. when I clear BB Browser, I also clear Opera's cache?

crandle13, your solution works! But I can't figure out why under normal backup it stopped at "Handheld Key Store", but under the "Advance" backup, I can get everything to work.

Cheers,
    dirsan.
    06-29-09 02:51 AM
    No idea mate. As I said, I've been having a similar problem myself throughout the life of my Bold. I back up weekly, and every week there is a different file that stops me. Drives me crazy, but just one of those things I've chosen to live with. I keep hoping that the next OS update will correct the problem... guess I'll just have to wait and see... lol
    06-30-09 07:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD