I tried doing a backup and whenever it gets to "profiles", an error comes up and it doesnt finish backing up... anyone know what may be causing the crash?
    06-19-09 05:29 PM
    You should probably say what the error was.
    06-19-09 06:39 PM
    1. run memory cleaner
    2. open browser and clear cache and all memory
    06-20-09 12:20 AM
    I tried doing both but I still get an error once it hits the Profiles backup... any takers on what the problem may be?
    07-02-09 10:24 AM
    Got it to work... I went into Advanced and cleared the Profiles database and then it synced fine..
    07-02-09 10:30 AM
    I've had the same problem on my 8830 for months. I've backed up my files one-at-a-time because I haven't been sure how the ring profiles would come back if I deleted them.

When you deleted them, did they restore automatically? If not, where did you get the replacements?

Don
    Last edited by Donald L. Joseph; 07-03-09 at 12:46 PM.
    07-03-09 12:43 PM
    JD, Could you give more details. Where is the Advanced and the Profiles database?
    07-03-09 03:28 PM
    Attached is the view from my desktop. After I got the error message from a general backup, I chose "Advanced" from the backup window. Then all of the files on the BB show up in the right window.

After selecting all of them to move to the desktop, I repeatedly get the error message shown. By process of elimination, moving them in small groups, I found that the "Profiles" file is the one that has the error(s).

I believe that's the file with all of the standard and custom "rings"--loud, vibrate, phone only.

My concern is, if you delete it, how does it get replaced?
    07-03-09 05:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD