Hi guys, so I just updated my bold to the OS that in the stick and now the backlight is acting up. Whenever I lock the keyboard the screen would go dim but a few minutes turn itself back on and continue to stay on. It is destroying my battery life, is there anyway to make this stop?

Thanks
    04-21-09 03:01 AM
    when in doubt, yank the battery out! seriously....try a battery pull to see if it helps.
    04-21-09 03:07 AM
    lmaoo, I've pulled the battery for so many things but I'd never guess it'd work on this. So far it's lookin good .
    04-21-09 03:38 AM
    lmaoo, I've pulled the battery for so many things but I'd never guess it'd work on this. So far it's lookin good .
    Haha! That's the first rule of owning a Blackberry. Any issue that you encounter, regardless as to what it is, should provoke a battery pull right off the bat.

Chris
    04-21-09 03:47 AM
    heh

There should be a sticky at the top of all the Blackberry forums "If in doubt, pull the freakin battery"
    04-21-09 05:56 AM
    i had this SAME exact problem and tried a bunch of diferent remedies...
    none of them worked...my screen would just stay on forever.... but it seemed to auto correct itself after a few days ro weeks...that was my first bold though...im on my second now.
    04-21-09 08:11 AM
    Sounds like a modern day Poltergiest! Don't go into the Blackberry Backlight Carolanne

But anyway, a battery pull is the the best for these phones. they get jammed up with bits of info left over from programs and particularly updates.

What's the hard reset solution and how is it done? It wipes your phone correct? Starting from Zero?
    04-21-09 08:54 AM
    My backlight dims down and bright whenever it feels like. I took it out of stand by and is like half lit... And then boom! It will turn bright. Is this typical?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-09 12:30 PM
    Sounds like a modern day Poltergiest! Don't go into the Blackberry Backlight Carolanne

But anyway, a battery pull is the the best for these phones. they get jammed up with bits of info left over from programs and particularly updates.

What's the hard reset solution and how is it done? It wipes your phone correct? Starting from Zero?
    Are you talking about a "soft" reset. its just like a battery pull but you don't physically pull anything?
    04-22-09 12:51 PM
    heh

There should be a sticky at the top of all the Blackberry forums "If in doubt, pull the freakin battery"
    Ahahaha! For sure!
    04-22-09 01:03 PM
    Hi guys, so I just updated my bold to the OS that in the stick and now the backlight is acting up. Whenever I lock the keyboard the screen would go dim but a few minutes turn itself back on and continue to stay on. It is destroying my battery life, is there anyway to make this stop?

Thanks
    Try AutoStandby.
    04-22-09 01:08 PM
    My backlight dims down and bright whenever it feels like. I took it out of stand by and is like half lit... And then boom! It will turn bright. Is this typical?

sorry cant start threads yet, so ima piggyback this thread. i got the same problem as quoted post. its not a big deal, just annoying sometimes. i'd appreciate any insight.
    06-14-09 03:23 AM
    I'm not sure if anyone has noticed it or if anybody has posted it yet, but I noticed that the phone "automatically" detects if there is sufficient light to light up the backlight. I did an experiment, and I noticed that if there is sufficient light available, the, backlights won't light up, but if there is little light available, then the backlights will start to light up, I'm not sure about this, just my observation, experiment on it, see if my hypothesis makes any sense ^_^

Last edited by 702baby; 06-14-09 at 04:39 AM.
    06-14-09 04:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD