Hello everyone. I have an old 9650 with Verizon. It's been plugging away, working well, etc. for a few years now. I am a creature of habit, if it ain't broke, don't fix it, and of course I am a Tech *****...so I didn't rush out and get a new BB.

That said, it's time. The 9650 is running out of steam. LOL. I am going to jump to a Bold 9930 (as I want to stay with Verizon). However, I need to back up my Bold 9650...and for some reason BB Desktop Manager is not working. Verizon can't do anything, RIM/BB tech support can't, my IT people, etc. BB DM is not being installed properly and when it is it's not running.

So, rather than waste time...can I back up "everything" on my 9650 without using DM? Is there an alternative for a complete and total back up? I know my emails, calendar, contacts are part of the enterprise server and will "sync" with my new BB when I get it...But I am more concerned about my text messages, pictures and videos.

Is there anything I can do here? Thank you in advance.
    12-09-13 09:46 AM
    Well I would back up your pics and video on your sd card if you have one, and also on your pc.. Also you could try using BBSAK.
    diegonei likes this.
    12-09-13 12:58 PM
    You have a few options:

• BlackBerry Protect: Download, install log and allow BB Protect to backup your phone. Turn it off, turn the new device on, log in, set it up with yout BBID and run BB Protect. Select your old phone from the list and have it restore that data;
    • Device Switch: BlackBerry Destop Software has a feature that will grab your data and implant it on the new device;
    • Manual backup/restore: Manually backup all your stuff from the old phone and the plug the new one and restor that backup into it.

Problem is, for two of those you need DS working. So, using Control Panel, remove all BlackBerry software from your PC, run CCleaner to clean caches and fix registry. Reboot the PC and download the latest BlackBerry Destop Software. Install it and plug the device to a different USB port.

That should be enough to get it working!
    12-09-13 01:00 PM
    Well I would back up your pics and video on your sd card if you have one, and also on your pc.. Also you could try using BBSAK.
    Got it...ok...thank you...so, pics and video would be covered. Then, my emails, contacts, and calendar would be "synced" and everything from the old device would go onto the new device...ok, good there...so what about text messages? Thank you very much in advance.
    12-10-13 11:29 AM
    Got it...ok...thank you...so, pics and video would be covered. Then, my emails, contacts, and calendar would be "synced" and everything from the old device would go onto the new device...ok, good there...so what about text messages? Thank you very much in advance.
    If you use DM they should move as well. Dunno about BBSAK.
    12-11-13 08:08 AM
    Since you are switching to a new BB device why not try the device switch option of the device. It will transfer all the information of your old device to the new, and since Desktop software is not working device switch works with SD card.
    12-11-13 08:17 AM