Hi,

You may have read my other thread lol. If not see, z10 forum I have a 9900, but have won a Z10. Am getting sorted with it, so thought I better back up my 9900. it was a refurb one so no software came with it. Have downloaded the BlackBerry Desktop Software successfully from BlackBerry.

Device is connected, has done a back up. All perfect. Was noseying on the Device Options menu, I need to click ok, but I can't seem to get to the OK box? Doesn't seem to matter where I move it round to on my computer screen. It'll be something daft, but can someone help?lol
    01-03-14 11:20 AM
    Press the enter key? Usually pop up buttons you need to hit are highlighted so, you might be able to just hit enter and have it work. You can also try resizing the window.
    GlamGemini likes this.
    01-03-14 11:24 AM
    Press the enter key? Usually pop up buttons you need to hit are highlighted so, you might be able to just hit enter and have it work. You can also try resizing the window.
    Have tried the enter key, nope nothing. Can't seem to resize it on the computer screen either. How strange lol.
    01-03-14 11:30 AM
    Congrats on winning a Zed.

Hope you enjoyed the 9900, it's a great phone.

Have you tried rebooting your PC ?

If that doesn't work maybe delete and reinstall DM will sort you out.

Presume that you are keeping the 9900 as a backup phone, but if you ever decide to sell send me a PM as I want a good 9900 in reserve in case mine dies cos I don't fancy BB10 myself.
    01-03-14 11:48 AM
    Congrats on winning a Zed.

Hope you enjoyed the 9900, it's a great phone.

Have you tried rebooting your PC ?

If that doesn't work maybe delete and reinstall DM will sort you out.

Presume that you are keeping the 9900 as a backup phone, but if you ever decide to sell send me a PM as I want a good 9900 in reserve in case mine dies cos I don't fancy BB10 myself.
    Hello Legal Eagle,

Long time , no speak Yes I'm loving the 9900. So much so, I don't know if the Z10 is gonna be the one for me. Hanging on to it for now, my mother has her eye on it though lol.

The BlackBerry desktop software thingy? whats DM that i delete and re install?
    Have just pressed escape button to get rid of menu so i could safely exit the software lol
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    01-03-14 11:53 AM
    Hello Legal Eagle,

Long time , no speak Yes I'm loving the 9900. So much so, I don't know if the Z10 is gonna be the one for me. Hanging on to it for now, my mother has her eye on it though lol.

The BlackBerry desktop software thingy? whats DM that i delete and re install?
    Have just pressed escape button to get rid of menu so i could safely exit the software lol
    Hi to you too.

So glad you are enjoying the 9900 after all you went through to get one.

You really ought to back up at least once a week just in case disaster strikes !!!

DM or Desktop Manager is just another name for the BB Desktop Software you have installed

If the Desktop Software (DM) continues to play up, use the uninstall program on your PC to delete it, run CCleaner or similar, reboot your PC and reinstall the program and you should be good.

Personally, I would keep the 9900 and give Mum the Zed !!!
    01-03-14 12:04 PM
    Hi to you too.

So glad you are enjoying the 9900 after all you went through to get one.

You really ought to back up at least once a week just in case disaster strikes !!!

DM or Desktop Manager is just another name for the BB Desktop Software you have installed

If the Desktop Software (DM) continues to play up, use the uninstall program on your PC to delete it, run CCleaner or similar, reboot your PC and reinstall the program and you should be good.

Personally, I would keep the 9900 and give Mum the Zed !!!
    I've thought of this haha.

Luckily, my boyfriend said he would happily buy the Z10 from me, if it wasn't suitable for me. I said I'd sort it out and have a play about on it, see what its like for my hearing aids and all that. I've heard the volume on the zed isn't as good as on a 9900 so we will see.

And I think I'm ok with the SIM even if I need a micro sim for the Z10, i can still put this in the 9900?
    01-03-14 01:33 PM
    Just curious, you say you cant see the ok or continue button, what size screen are you using? From what I recall the bbdtm needs a minimum 1024x768 screen resolution.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 02:04 PM
    Just curious, you say you cant see the ok or continue button, what size screen are you using? From what I recall the bbdtm needs a minimum 1024x768 screen resolution.

Posted via CB10
    my screen is a 17 inch laptop screen, as I'm visually impaired so that could be it. Not sure of the screen resolution, I can look it up. That could be it.
    01-03-14 02:23 PM