Hi all,

I bought a new Bold last week from Atnt after a lot of confusion over iphone and Bold.

I had following q's
    1. Was that a good choice over iphone?
    2. I realized that I have problems of a background hiss/noise constantly interfering when i make calls almost over any phone. Is that a "known" problem with bold? Or specific to my device?

Any answers on #2 especially would help me doing an exchange if its a problem.
    07-20-09 09:18 AM
    1.I love my bold so, personally, I can vote that the bold meets all my needs better than the iphone.

2. Sometimes I hear noise. Its not a constant thing though, I just hang up and call back, and neither I or the person on the line can hear it anymore.
    But I suggest that if you hear the noise EVERYTIME your having a conversation then just trade it back to at&t for another phone.
    It's probably a problem with the phone itself.
    07-20-09 09:38 AM
    Thanks,

I got it through letstalk. I guess I hve to talk to them for a return/exchange. I saw some links on internet about the background hiss permanent with bold. I wonder if we have to live with it...I tried doing a "bass boost" and "treble boost" but that noise pretty much remains consistent.
    07-20-09 10:00 AM
    First off I don't know who the "we" is that you're speaking about. I don't have any background hiss....with low signal quality comes low voice quality... Sure that isn't your problem?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-09 10:05 AM
    Hi Giant Fan,

By we - I meant that as I googled up, I found quite a few links about the background noise being consistent.

For signal quality, its always full signal in my house or my office etc. I still hear it always as I make/recieve calls. Theres a disturbance that starts as soon as a call is connected and stays until I drop the call.
    07-20-09 10:09 AM
    I have the same issue in Chicago. Regardless of signal strength I hear the hiss upon connecting to calls.

Anyone have issues where it goes to the Edge network often in the city?
    07-29-09 01:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD