My Tour 9530 finally crapped out after 1-1/2 years of hard use. It served me well, I didn't mind the track-ball, no WIFI, or OS5. I'd still be using it, but I got way too much sand on it at the beach and fried the keyboard. I felt I should keep an open mind on new phones and carriers. Sprint seemed like a good choice because they carry BB's and their pricing on unlimited plans. I wasn't too concerned about 4G because I don't do much web surfing on my phone + I figured my new phone would have WIFI. Because I make a lot of voice calls I needed to be sure Sprint's coverage in my area was reliable. My neighbor has a Bold on Sprint and was nice enough to let me use his phone for an hour to check the coverage. I used the phone in my apartment, drove around town, and into low signal areas I new from past experience. The coverage and call quality was not nearly as good as Verizon's IMHO. So, I ended up at the Verizon store playing with all the Motorola's, HTC's, Samsung's, and of course the iPhone. I found the large screens on these devices very appealing. My eyes aren't what they use to be, and it was nice to not have to strain when viewing web pages. But, as I said before, I really don't web surf much on my phone. I saved the 9930 for last, but it didn't take long for me to make my decision. There's no reason for me to repeat all observations that have already been made on the 9930. I will say this though... The keyboard is quite simply the best I've ever used. The slight increase in screen size makes a huge difference. I didn't see my self using the touch-screen much, but after a two days I'm using it all the time! And yes, RIM has finally produced a browser BB users don't have to be ashamed of. To me, it's like this is my first BB all over again! I can't stop playing with it (seriously). I know many people feel the BB OS is dated, and are waiting for QNX. To me OS7 feels wonderfully familiar, and "flat out fun" to navigate. The only issue I've had is 1 random re-boot.

I'm "back in love again" with my new blackberry and couldn't be happier!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    snickdog likes this.
    08-29-11 02:11 PM
    reunited and it feels so good...
    08-29-11 02:16 PM
    Here here! My first smartphone ever was a blackberry and I came back a few months ago because I was buying a playbook and wanted to be able to bridge. I remembered why I left right away... It was SLOW SLOW SLOW. This 9930 though is everything I love about blackberry without MOST of the stuff I hated. In my eyes the closest I've come to the Perfect phone.

08-29-11 02:20 PM
    I also just returned from using a Android device. I missed the physical keyboard and plus I have a galaxy tablet to use for navigation. I enjoy the navigation of a blackberry and the ability of changing the text size.

08-29-11 02:36 PM
    Welcome home my friend.
    08-29-11 03:05 PM
    That is one nice neighbor you have, ha.
    08-29-11 05:39 PM
    Shame about the build quality, battery life and lack of auto focus. Just hope they release the 9790 soon.
    08-29-11 06:12 PM
    Amen!!!!!! Blackberry is back and better than ever ... Woot wooh!!! Love this phone

08-29-11 08:03 PM
    Shame about the build quality, battery life and lack of auto focus. Just hope they release the 9790 soon.
    Would battery life and auto focus not be improved through a firmware update?

Can't agree with build quality, IMHO it's the best ever built and designed.
    08-29-11 10:24 PM
    This has been by far the best phone I've ever had. The build quality is very good, the OS is extremely snappy when paired with the guts, and the keyboard.... Oh this magical keyboard is truly one to BehOLD (see what I did there? Haha). I would hope and think word of mouth will be spreading soon. But RIM marketing really needs to step up their game. They have a winning phone on their hands, they just need to make sure people know it!

08-29-11 11:05 PM
    Build quality is the best I have seen on any phone.
    08-29-11 11:21 PM
    I also just returned from using a Android device. I missed the physical keyboard and plus I have a galaxy tablet to use for navigation. I enjoy the navigation of a blackberry and the ability of changing the text size.

I am in the same boat. Had a Tour 9630 then a Droid X. I suck typing on glass so I am going to pick up a 9930. I'll use the Droid X as a back up device should anything happen to my blackberry (knock on wood)
    08-30-11 12:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD