Hi all,

So I've decided on going back to BlackBerry with the 9900 from previously having an old Curve and then an iPhone.

So far so good after a couple of days usage.

I'm here for some help though. Would people be able to provide me with a recommendation for the best apps to purchase for:

1. Having your Battery show up as a percentage below where the time is displayed
    2. Showing your new text message as a preview when you receive one, before opening it fully.
    3. Locking certain folders on your BB device, for example having a password on your photo's folder
    4. Any type of lock screen for when you lock the device that isn't just a number input, for example a swipe or I believe there was a pattern one??

Any other app recommendations would be brilliant.
    Thanks for your help in advance.

Liam.
    08-31-11 11:20 AM
    1. Batterywatch - its free.
    2. Will show if you go into Messages -> Options -> Inbox Mangement and select Text Message to show in main message list.
    3. Why would you need that? If your BB is lock, it will take care of who can access files?
    4. you will still need to input something, even with swipe, otherwise what is the purpose if anybody can just swipe the screen?
    08-31-11 12:08 PM
    Hi all,

So I've decided on going back to BlackBerry with the 9900 from previously having an old Curve and then an iPhone.

I'm here for some help though. Would people be able to provide me with a recommendation for the best apps to purchase for:

1. Having your Battery show up as a percentage below where the time is displayed
    2. Showing your new text message as a preview when you receive one, before opening it fully.
    3. Locking certain folders on your BB device, for example having a password on your photo's folder
    4. Any type of lock screen for when you lock the device that isn't just a number input, for example a swipe or I believe there was a pattern one??

Liam.
    Liam...
    I am also a Curve then iPhone user. I'm curious how you find the keyboard and touchscreen combination on the Bold. It would seem it's the best of both worlds.

However i am partial to the Curve keyboard. I just plain like it better. I like the spaces in between the keys. Can you speak a little about how this Bold keyboard compares to the Curve keyboard you had previously with the separated keys? Is it "fun" to type on?

THANKS!
    -Luru
    09-02-11 01:23 PM
    Liam...
    I am also a Curve then iPhone user. I'm curious how you find the keyboard and touchscreen combination on the Bold. It would seem it's the best of both worlds.

However i am partial to the Curve keyboard. I just plain like it better. I like the spaces in between the keys. Can you speak a little about how this Bold keyboard compares to the Curve keyboard you had previously with the separated keys? Is it "fun" to type on?

THANKS!
    -Luru
    Well ive used my missus's 9300 curve and my 9780 and my 9900 keyboard both blow it out of the water especially the 9900...it takes time getting used to the extra width of the keyboard but my missus who has small hands absolutely loves the 9900 keyboard plus it isnt as loud as the curve keyboard. Personally i couldnt stand the clacking sound the curve keyboard makes and the keys dont feel right to me but each to their own. Now shes on my case to giver her my white 9780 bold to her, which i was planning to anyways

But theres a reason why the 9900 and the 9000 Bold keyboards are the best in the biz...you will find it so easy to type out long bbm's, emails and texts on it. Most reviews ive read online always ALWAYS say without a doubt the 9900 keyboard is the best you can get on any device.
    09-02-11 01:49 PM
    Hi all,

Liam.
    1. Sixtools will do that

2. i use berrypopup and it will do all ie emails, bbms, texts etc

3. everylock will do that for you

4. patternlock is one that ive used but not 110% sure if it will work on OS7

bebuzz without a doubt if you like your led to have some funky colours when you get calls, texts, bbm's, emails etc etc
    MaseCTID likes this.
    09-02-11 01:55 PM
    Liam...

THANKS!
    -Luru
    Hi Luru,

It's been a week since I went from my iPhone to the 9900 and I've got to say I'm loving it! Obviously it took me a couple of days to get used to where different symbols are on the keyboard, but the actual keyboard itself is brilliant. My biggest gripe with the iPhone was the on-screen keyboard. I'd often press two keys at once or press the wrong key by accident. But with the keyboard on the 9900 I haven't done that once. I'd say the same with regards to the keyboard on the Curve as well. Hands down, in my honest opinion the 9900 keyboard is the best I've used. I actually look forward to receiving any type of message just so I can use the keyboard to reply. Sounds kind of lame and I'm sure it will wear off given time
    The touch screen is really responsive as well. Several times I've actually forgot that this BB is actually a touch screen, mainly because of the keyboard sat under the screen, but it is a pleasure to use.

Hope this helped

Liam
    09-03-11 09:40 AM
    1. Sixtools will do that

2. i use berrypopup and it will do all ie emails, bbms, texts etc

3. everylock will do that for you

4. patternlock is one that ive used but not 110% sure if it will work on OS7

bebuzz without a doubt if you like your led to have some funky colours when you get calls, texts, bbm's, emails etc etc
    Thanks for the response. I'm on my way to downloading BePopup and Everylock as I'm typing
    09-03-11 09:42 AM
    I had a Curve 8530 For about 2 years; I've never "typed on glass" so I have no referance point to THOSE "keypads"...my 9930 keyboard is awesome!!! It DOES take SOOM time to get use to The Bold keys having had a Curve...2-3 minutes...HA!!!...I use Battery Watch; give you % PLUS you can set the audio notification settings (charging/charged/running low) to a few different voices. I use Yoda (running low on battery, you are). I'm not sure about other apps (I only use 7).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    MaseCTID likes this.
    09-03-11 10:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD