I just had to make the same change. My problem is that IT says they can't upload the backup from the Classic to the Bold, so I don't have all of my emails, etc. Any suggestions there? Is it just a matter of updating the Bold to the same OS as the Classic?
    09-08-15 03:35 PM
    You can get a new 9900 from Amazon for less the $100. Used for less than $60. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/ol/B0058...UvbUpU11909810

It could always make a great backup to your Classic. You may find the 9900 browser a bit lacking by today's standards. BlackBerry did one thing right in BB10s Html5 browser.

Best thing by having both phones is you could switch between both until you find what's right for you. And if BIS really does get shut off, you have your replacement ready.

 Q10 on 10.3.2.858 
    Agree 100%! My Classic/9900 combo on my first and second lines are a magnificent duo indeed! The Bold still a champion messaging beast! Plus its' compact size a lost treasure among today's phablets and Godzilla sized cell phones. While the Classic a superb daily driver on its' own. Bringing that browser and being better geared towards media. Together the two have definitely complimented each other while handling my daily essential needs reliably and flawlessly.

Posted via CB10
    idssteve likes this.
    09-08-15 04:02 PM
    He won't use two phones. Just going back to the Bold. But he wants all of his email and text from the Classic transferred to the Bold. Any ideas on how to do that?
    09-08-15 04:29 PM
    He won't use two phones. Just going back to the Bold. But he wants all of his email and text from the Classic transferred to the Bold. Any ideas on how to do that?
    Ideally you would have your email on Exchange/BES or IMAP so that the email remains on the server and is synced to the device.

I would be surprised if there is a way to go backwards with the other things like SMS.
    ssimmons0317 likes this.
    09-09-15 05:12 AM
    Hello from Austria. I just found this thread and I'm curious about the 9900. I'm a new BB user, just bought the Classic and in comparison to my last few Androids, I'm pretty amazed. It does take some getting used to and there aren't as many apps, but the UI is smooth and I like having a keyboard.

My question is this: Is it worth getting a Bold 9900 as this point in time? The classic is my private phone but I want a BB for work as well. Our email server is an Exchange server which works great with OS10, but will it work with OS7 if I don't have BIS? I don't think our supports offers that. I thought the bold would be a good option because it's cheaper than the Classic here.
    09-13-15 07:33 AM
    Hello from Austria. I just found this thread and I'm curious about the 9900.

My question is this: Is it worth getting a Bold 9900 as this point in time? The classic is my private phone but I want a BB for work as well. Our email server is an Exchange server which works great with OS10, but will it work with OS7 if I don't have BIS? I don't think our supports offers that. I thought the bold would be a good option because it's cheaper than the Classic here.
    Unless you have proper IT support with an established BES server up and running, the Bold 9900 will be hamstrung and crippled. It needs BIS. Younger IT support will be confused as how to support Exchange.

I have a 9900, but it sits as an emergency talk and text only device. It was fantastic in its day, but it needed the BES/BIS support network behind it. Enjoy your Classic.

 Q10 on 10.3.2.858 
    09-13-15 09:30 AM
    I have a 9900, but it sits as an emergency talk and text only device. It was fantastic in its day, but it needed the BES/BIS support network behind it.
    Honestly.. Lot of people are served with this basic features. 9900 can work also without BES/BIS. There are a guide here how to do it.
    This Phone works like a rock in "Basic Mode" or "Brick mode". I know too many people who spend lot of money in a phone for only texting whatsapp and youtubing, so you can imagine..
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    09-13-15 05:55 PM
    Honestly.. Lot of people are served with this basic features. 9900 can work also without BES/BIS. There are a guide here how to do it.
    This Phone works like a rock in "Basic Mode" or "Brick mode".
    True. Very true.

Without BIS, but with a regular data plan, email (LogicMail), browser (with the Anworm service books), and various messaging apps, I never get the spinning clock, and I get great battery life. I think BIS put higher demands on the old BBOS phones. Without it, my Bold 9900 runs great and is very stable.

My Q10 is on the shelf until the day comes that I need LTE.
    Sulaco757 likes this.
    09-14-15 03:57 PM
58 123