I was online ordering two bezels and a backup keyboard for my bold when I noticed that the site had an AZERTY top row keyboard. I ordered it already.....will it work on my ATT Branded Bold or is some re-programming gonna have to take effect??????

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-20-09 08:56 PM
    06-20-09 09:03 PM
    I was online ordering two bezels and a backup keyboard for my bold when I noticed that the site had an AZERTY top row keyboard. I ordered it already.....will it work on my ATT Branded Bold or is some re-programming gonna have to take effect??????

It will not work without some software reprogramming, which I don't think is possible. If you just put it on and call it good, now that won't work. So you will need to find a way to reprogram the software so the keyboard layout on the software is programmed for the French AZERTY keyboard layout. Hope I helped and sorry I rambled
    06-20-09 09:27 PM
    Send it back for a qwerty especially if you baught it to have as a back up

06-20-09 09:52 PM
    unless you got your BB in, say, Belgium or France (if they even offer that kind of keyboard layout on their BB's), then you'll have to stick with a QWERTY keyboard. unless of course you don't mind the letters being switched around.
    Last edited by ninja please; 06-20-09 at 10:14 PM.
    06-20-09 10:09 PM
    To clarify: it will work, the keys just won't match up. If you already type without looking, it won't be a big deal really.

(E.g. Pressing A will still type Q, etc.)

06-20-09 10:11 PM
    my if you change the lnaguage and mess with some settings.
    06-20-09 10:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD