Ok...so, I've been a devout crackhead for years. I throw smack @ my iPhone user friends regularly.
    I'm running a tennis tournament yesterday (all weekend, actually) and it rained all f'in day.
    The other tourney directer and I need to get a message onto the web site. We put the message on the program and I was gonna run home (for internet access) and upload it to the national web site. One of my iPhone user buddies said, "you need internet access"?
    He whipped out his iPhone and tethered it wirelessly to upload this message.
    I have to admit, that was pretty awesome.
    It saved me from having to leave the other director to fend off 150 "inquiring" tennis players.
    My buddy took that opportunity to bring it, and bring it hard, for all my other peeps to witness........I had nothin!!!!!!!!!

Can I get my 9700 to do this????????????????
    06-13-10 06:44 AM
    Yes, there are a few options for wireless tether on your BlackBerry. My personal favorite, and one that is highly recommended by many here would be Tether. It is a paid application, but some times it does go on sale. I can assure you that the price is worth it with the speeds you will see from the application.

Check it out @ Tether BlackBerry | BlackBerry Modem | Tether
    06-13-10 06:47 AM
    Yes, the BlackBerry can do that.

Have a look at this thread http://forums.crackberry.com/f143/te...8530-a-481575/.
    06-13-10 06:54 AM
    I never needed this option so I never looked into it. I'm a lil sore from the azz kickin I took on this. Thanks

Pete.....nice to hear from ya!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by berryjunkie; 06-13-10 at 07:03 AM.
    06-13-10 06:58 AM
    Another paid option is "PDAnet" from PdaNet -- Use your BlackBerry as a USB Modem

I like it better than tether. Mainly because you can use the Bluetooth tethering without putting the software on your PC. Meaning, that, if you get somewhere and you need to use a PC other than your own, and it has Bluetooth, you can tether it. (I just keep a copy of the setup instructions in the Notes on my BB).
    06-13-10 01:42 PM
    I use a small, portable router...Cradlepoint CTR500...it works great with my BB. It broadcasts a wifi signal for my laptop, iPod Touch, DS...whatever.

06-13-10 01:53 PM
    I use a small, portable router...Cradlepoint CTR500...it works great with my BB. It broadcasts a wifi signal for my laptop, iPod Touch, DS...whatever.

From my OP: This is what my friend did, only he did it with the iPhone.
    It's like he made the device act as a router for my lap top's wifi (does that make sense?)
    He fired up an app and I had connectivity "through" the device.
    He said: "OK, look for so-and-so network on your available wireless networks" and SHAZAM....connectivity!
    Dude is techno a"whiz". I think he Frankensteined an app to do this, but SonOfABitc*.......it got my attention.
    06-14-10 06:36 AM
    Tether is the way to go. I've used it, since it came out and it couldn't be simpler.
    06-14-10 06:39 AM
    currently there is no WiFi hotspot created for the BB... not sure why, whether its due to its to hard to write and app for it, or if its an API issue... i dont know... but right now the only way to say get internet on your lapton from your BB is to tether, which requires you to connected it via usb or bluetooth.
    06-14-10 10:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD