I have AutoStandby app installed on my Bold and became concerned due to reading all these posts about peoples Standby/Mute buttons on their Bold stop functioning. Now with the AutoStandby app installed if your Standby/Mute button should go out on you then you are basically screwed since no other button can wake your Bold from being in Standby mode. So i began to think to myself maybe i need to uninstall this app but couldn't bring myself to doing it since this app is important to battery life so i thought of different ways i can work around this issue. The first thing i thought of was to reset the phone but then remembered that after doing a reset the phone can take anywhere from 3 mins to 5 mins to reboot and by that time AutoStandby would kick in bringing you back to square one. I decided to go back in the AutoStandby app options and play around with the config and low and behold there was a workaround to solve this issue. Just make sure you have either or both 1) Disable if connected to PC checked, Disable if externally powered checked so if your button stops working and you find that your phone is stuck in Standby mode just plug it into a computer or external charger and that will take it out of Standby mode allowing you to go back in the settings disable auto standby
    05-16-09 07:06 AM
    I have found that when my standby button stops working, AutoStandby will not put my phone in sleep mode. This makes me think it is more of a OS issue than it is a button issue. I also discovered that when the standby button won't put the phone in standby, it will still work as a mute button during phone calls. Anyone else have similar experience with their button working for mute but not for standby?

And yes, I know that there are several threads addressing the Standby issue, but I didn't come across anyone having the same issue of the button working for one function but not the other.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-09 07:26 AM
    I have found that when my standby button stops working, AutoStandby will not put my phone in sleep mode. This makes me think it is more of a OS issue than it is a button issue. I also discovered that when the standby button won't put the phone in standby, it will still work as a mute button during phone calls. Anyone else have similar experience with their button working for mute but not for standby?

And yes, I know that there are several threads addressing the Standby issue, but I didn't come across anyone having the same issue of the button working for one function but not the other.

Wow that problem is definitely different as i pretty much read all the Standby button issues and don't recall anyone with this problem. Definitely something to consider but i guess the first step is to try a battery pull, have you done one yet since having this issue.
    05-16-09 07:30 AM
    If you have that problem put your phone in the BB pouch that came with the phone, when you take the phone out it will turn standby mode off, so no need to press a button.

Regards

Chris

05-16-09 12:08 PM
    If you have that problem put your phone in the BB pouch that came with the phone, when you take the phone out it will turn standby mode off, so no need to press a button.

Regards

Chris

Yep thats another option. But his case seems real unique never read that one before, i hope he keeps us posted on it.
    05-16-09 02:59 PM
    You can always hold down the end call/power button and it will take the phone out of standby mode.
    07-13-09 01:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD