Heyyy !

So when i'm on my bb 9700 and i'm browsing the web, the background automaticly dims a little bit. I looked at the settings and i turned it off though.

But it's still dimming after.. 30 seconds or something is there a way to not dim it? thanks in advance
    07-04-10 03:41 AM
    Turn off automatic backlight

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-10 05:05 AM
    There is also a light sensor built into the phone. It is located with the LED.

My phone often dims on its own and nearlky always this is caused by the sesor deciding that I am in a low light environment and it dims the screen to adjust to the new conditions. Bringing the phone to the light sets the screen back again.
    07-04-10 05:14 AM
    There is also a light sensor built into the phone. It is located with the LED.

My phone often dims on its own and nearlky always this is caused by the sesor deciding that I am in a low light environment and it dims the screen to adjust to the new conditions. Bringing the phone to the light sets the screen back again.
    hmmm, so no way to disable that?
    07-04-10 06:20 AM
    Only by staying in daylight - lol.

Sorry.

This is part of the battery saving suite. The phone will do almost anything it can to reduce battery load and if it sees a chance to dim the screen it will do it.

This is one of the many, many little things that the BlackBerry OS should do as an optional setup feature, imo.

These little things are not essential but for many they are convenient and some, like the OP find them annoying.

Does anybody else know if there's an app for that?
    07-04-10 08:24 AM
    There actually is , its called "StayLit"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-10 09:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD