Hi,

My first post so please be gentle!!

I bought the Bold on Orange (UK), and it's been downloading new apps without my permission! Firstly a Blackberry Help app, then a new game and I think (but not too sure), a Stocks app. Are these being downloaded via wifi? And should I expect anything else to be installed?! Just to add that I had .92 firmware but just updated to .134.

Thanks in advance!
    09-01-08 04:09 PM
    Those applications are pushed to your device via the carrier. Once they are pushed to your device they stay there. Sometimes if you delete them they come back.
    As far as I know it is not via WiFi, it is via the normal connection to your carrier.
    09-01-08 04:10 PM
    I'm feeling left out... nothing pushed to me yet, though I wait for the supposed Maps update tomorrow with baited breath! Possibly.
    09-01-08 04:34 PM
    Hi,

My first post so please be gentle!!

I bought the Bold on Orange (UK), and it's been downloading new apps without my permission! Firstly a Blackberry Help app, then a new game and I think (but not too sure), a Stocks app. Are these being downloaded via wifi? And should I expect anything else to be installed?! Just to add that I had .92 firmware but just updated to .134.

Thanks in advance!
    All the apps expect the Stocks app are due to you upgrading to the new OS. You shouldn't see anything else new.
    09-01-08 05:42 PM
    i got all those apps the second I activated my phone.

They weren't there before hand and then BOOM there they were.
    I just hide them
    09-01-08 05:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD