Can anyone tell me how to auto keylock my bold when it is placed into the holster. I had this setup with my 8330 I believe it was in options but I can't find this option on the bold. Also tried search with no luck so thanks in advance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-09 08:38 PM
    I'm not sure if the Bold has this option. I just checked on my Curve and found what you're talking about, but it seems no where to be found on my Storm or Bold.
    05-20-09 08:41 PM
    It's under "Options" then "Password".

05-20-09 08:44 PM
    Yeah I thought it was odd that it wasn't on the bold it is a great feature. Hopefully I am just missing it somewhere.

05-20-09 08:44 PM
    JemJee is correct.
    05-20-09 08:47 PM
    Thank you very much jem jee. What a weird place to have this option.

05-20-09 08:47 PM
    Thanks jemjee. It's odd that they've moved it. Seemed better off in Security, General, but oh well. Thanks again!
    05-20-09 08:48 PM
    I use a small free app called AutoLock, as it provides what I think is a slightly better set of options in that department.

05-20-09 08:55 PM
    I use my finger to touch/push down the MUTE key with puts the phone into standby mode.
    05-20-09 08:57 PM
    all you have to do is press ALT + ENTER and it will lock
    05-20-09 08:59 PM
    all you have to do is press ALT + ENTER and it will lock
    Thats to many steps for me to do....

But good tip.
    05-20-09 09:01 PM
    that the ALT + ENTER trick work for all bb's or just the bold..
    05-20-09 09:17 PM
    That i don't know, but try it with left alt and or right alt to see.
    05-20-09 09:19 PM
    I haven't had a chance to test this out on my Bold yet, but on my Curve (4.5 OS) when I do this I get a popup asking whether I want to use US English or UK English...
    05-20-09 09:20 PM
    I comfired that on the BOLD it indeeds locks the phone when you use Alt + Enter

My last few posts i was having to much crack attention so ignore them or don't as they are ok for something else.... lol

I was talking about auto-standby i use Mute button for it as i not use any auto standby stuff as i use manual setting = my finger and i did not have my bold in front of me so i was thinking of the shift keys not the actual ALT key for the locking.

The shift+enter no matter what shift key is used = it opens the Browser on the bold.
    Last edited by xamdam; 05-20-09 at 09:34 PM.
    05-20-09 09:32 PM
    Fastes way to lock the bold is to just hold the A button for about 3 seconds and the phone will lock. I tried this on my curve and it does not work.
    05-20-09 10:46 PM
    umm...if you have dial from home turned off you could just press K....that locks the keyboard
    05-20-09 11:00 PM
    press and hold the A key
    05-20-09 11:48 PM
    I comfired that on the BOLD it indeeds locks the phone when you use Alt + Enter
    That switches input language for me.

The shift+enter no matter what shift key is used = it opens the Browser on the bold.
    That opens my call log.
    05-21-09 01:44 AM
    Shift + Enter just opens whatever app is highlighted.
    05-21-09 01:54 AM
    My ALT + ENTER will take me to language... But i use the password option anyway...
    05-21-09 02:22 AM
    press and hold the A key
    +1

This how I always lock my keyboard

05-21-09 02:31 AM
    That switches input language for me.

That opens my call log.
    I am using OS .266 from Vodafone, read my signature, maybe thats why as it may have setup those keys to do what i get.

Of course in any other country as well these short cuts maybe different as well or carrier.
    05-21-09 06:16 AM
    I'm totally confused with all the responses here.

So.

Locking the keypad:
    press and hold A
    OR
    press K when you have dial from home screen (or whatever it's called) deactivated.
    OR
    get it automatically locked after whatever time you set with AutoLock as suggested by digitalb0y (geekandproud.net/blackberry-software)

Standby mode:
    press and hold the mute key

Which one the OP referred to?
    05-21-09 06:22 AM
    I'm totally confused with all the responses here.

So.

Locking the keypad:
    press and hold A
    OR
    press K when you have dial from home screen (or whatever it's called) deactivated.
    OR
    get it automatically locked after whatever time you set with AutoLock as suggested by digitalb0y (geekandproud.net/blackberry-software)

Standby mode:
    press and hold the mute key

Which one the OP referred to?
    He was refering to when the phone is holstered he wanted to setup in the settings to lock the phone as he had this option on his curve.

Well on the bold it still has this option, but its under another area to enable it.

It's under "Options" then "Password".

So when the phone is holstered it will auto lock if you set it to do so.

All other things in this thread are useful tips to lock the phone without setting it to do so, just use short cut keys to do so and pick what is best for you to do and fastest to lock your phone if you needed to do so in a hurry.

As for autostandby or manual standby.... this does not lock the phone, it only places it in a standby mode to help Not consume Battery power = a battery power saving option and there is a program called Auto Standby which you can set it up and when your not using the phone it will go into standby mode automatically, but i manually just push the MUTE key.
    Last edited by xamdam; 05-21-09 at 07:00 AM.
    05-21-09 06:58 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD