I went to my local Sprint store today to ask something about my account, and when leaving I asked about the Blackberry launch this Sunday. I didn't see anything promoting it (although, to be fair, I really didn't look around much, and it is a rather large store). The woman told me they would have them in stock (new Bold and Torch), however, it will be first come first serve, so "be sure to come early". Don't know if this is a sign of them not having many, or if they had many questions about the launch, but either way, they will be in stock (at least at this store). I am in Nassau County in NY, and this was a corporate store. I know I will be there early.
    08-18-11 09:57 PM
    Just wondering, did you ask of the price? Off contract?

Got mine $510 from Verizon, wondering if the Sprint version was any more or any less.
    08-18-11 10:04 PM
    ah no I didn't. I have an upgrade so I will be using that. I believe its 510 as well, but I am not sure
    08-18-11 10:06 PM
    I'm sure it's $500+state taxes. So here in or near Chicago I'm guessing $520-530.
    08-18-11 10:12 PM
    I'm not surprised that they had nothing promoting the device. They are more concerned with selling the first 3d device (Evo 3D). Years ago when I called telesales to purchase the 9650, the rep kept trying to talk me into getting the palm pre. He went as far as asking what do I like about the blackberry.
    08-18-11 10:55 PM
    ^^^

I remember going through the same thing with an employee in store. They kept trying to push that stupid palm pre. They had palm reps at all the stores every day for a while in my area.
    08-18-11 11:38 PM
    Just wondering, did you ask of the price? Off contract?
    I spoke with a rep in corporate sales dept yesterday...the price will be 250 and when asked about MIR he said nothing is being offered as of yet. If that's the case my hunch is that it's 250 with 50 MIR come Sunday morning when I am first to walk into my local store in Brooklyn.
    08-19-11 12:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD