Hi

Recently took delivery of my first Blackberry. Quite impressed so far.

I have one nagging problem though. When I receive a new email, the phone vibrates and the LED flasher red, but I get no audio alert. I have been into Options>profiles(ring tones)>Active Profile and then opened Messages (my email address) and set the alert that I want, changed from mute to level 3 in both in-holster and out-holster but I still don't get an audio alert.

I believe that I am editing the correct profile because changing the number of vibrations from 1 to 2 to 3 has an effect, but changing the audio alert does not.

Any help would be very welcome.

Regards

Tom
    07-20-09 03:37 AM
    Have you tried a BP (Battery Pull) yet? Also, are you able to play that audio file on the phone itself, i.e. Play it with the Media Player.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-09 07:14 AM
    Hi

Recently took delivery of my first Blackberry. Quite impressed so far.

I have one nagging problem though. When I receive a new email, the phone vibrates and the LED flasher red, but I get no audio alert. I have been into Options>profiles(ring tones)>Active Profile and then opened Messages (my email address) and set the alert that I want, changed from mute to level 3 in both in-holster and out-holster but I still don't get an audio alert.

I believe that I am editing the correct profile because changing the number of vibrations from 1 to 2 to 3 has an effect, but changing the audio alert does not.

Any help would be very welcome.

Regards

Tom
    Make sure that (out of Holster) is set on tone
    07-20-09 09:08 AM
    You need to set to tone+vibrate or tone. Your probably just on vibrate right now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-09 09:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD