Here's one I cannot seem to figure out. Im new to posting so please be kind.

I receive email messages, via BES, on my device, BOLD 9700. While looking at my email message list, it shows an email has an attachment. But when highlight the message and press menu, i don't get an option to open the attachment. If I open the message, I still don't have an option to open the attachment. When I pull the message up in outlook, there is always an attachment, and I can view it from my PC. Since I've started noticing this, it has only happened with MS Word documents. The file extension doesn't seem to matter. One of the messages I had a problem with was .docx. On my PC, I opened the attachment, saved it to my desktop keeping the extension as .docx, then emailed it to myself. I was then able to open the attachment on my BB just fine. The files size was 100KB, so it's not all that large of a file. This doesn't happen with all of my emails with attachments, and doesn't even happen with all of my MS Word attachments. Most I can open just fine.

When this happens, it affects all of the blackberry users in my company that I have talked to. Most of use have Bold 9700's, but some have other models.

The problem seems random. And I need some help if anyone knows what is causing this problem.

Thanks to anyone with some input on this.

Regards,
    Clueless
    Last edited by cluelessbbuser; 09-20-11 at 10:34 AM.
    09-20-11 10:32 AM
    BES might have a restriction/glitch, have you made any recent changes to the software by any chance? Since you're the IT person, I understand your confusion. I don't even use BES, only BIS, so I can only ask what changes you made. If it's somebody else who is the IT person, maybe they can revert any changes, or add/remove everyone one at a time to rule out the issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-11 07:08 PM
    Rootbrian,
    Thank you for the reply.
    I am one of several IT people for our company. No one has admited to changing anything recently. This problem has existed for almost a year now, and some of our executives are finally getting sick of it. If we cannot get this figured out, we are going to have to switch them to an Iphone or Android device.

I checked the settings of the BES server. Everything looks good and normal. Max Attachment size is set to 3MB. The last file that was sent that wasn't available on the blackberry was only 100KB.

The thing that is driving me crazy is that this seems to be random. I cannot replicate this issue with any consistancy.

Any other advise?
    09-21-11 11:58 AM
    Have you thought of reinstalling the BES software on the machines after removing it and running CCleaner (download and install first)? That might resolve issues.

Rootbrian,
    Thank you for the reply.
    I am one of several IT people for our company. No one has admited to changing anything recently. This problem has existed for almost a year now, and some of our executives are finally getting sick of it. If we cannot get this figured out, we are going to have to switch them to an Iphone or Android device.

I checked the settings of the BES server. Everything looks good and normal. Max Attachment size is set to 3MB. The last file that was sent that wasn't available on the blackberry was only 100KB.

The thing that is driving me crazy is that this seems to be random. I cannot replicate this issue with any consistancy.

Any other advise?
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-11 02:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD