Is there any method to solves these problems?

- I got a Bold and a Storm. I can download email attachment with my Storm but cannot with a Bold.

- In addition, when I view PDF attachment in a Storm, it shows exactly what I saw in PC but a Bold shows only text.

Does OS upgrade helps?

By the way, My Bold is 4.6.0.162 (Platform 4.0.0.155)
    08-14-09 05:58 AM
    Yeah do an upgrade to .282. do a backup beforehand. good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-09 06:32 AM
    Is there any method to solves these problems?

- I got a Bold and a Storm. I can download email attachment with my Storm but cannot with a Bold.

- In addition, when I view PDF attachment in a Storm, it shows exactly what I saw in PC but a Bold shows only text.

Does OS upgrade helps?

By the way, My Bold is 4.6.0.162 (Platform 4.0.0.155)
    I wouldn't imagine that it's different on the Storm, but on the Bold you cannot download a PDF file for later viewing. That is, you can download the attachment, but there is no native PDF file viewer on the Bold. The only way to view it is by Open Attachment from the email itself. In that case, it should display as a PDF file, not text, regardless of whether you are using .162 or .282.

The only time I ever see a PDF file as text is in the BB Browser.
    08-14-09 06:40 AM
    Sorry for unclear statement. Actually, they are separate problem.

The download problem is when I try to download and want to edit later like XLS file.

But for PDF, I did open attachment but it really shows text only, exactly like from BB browser. Unlike a storm, which shows exactly what I should see on PC e.g. PDF created from a PPT file.

I wouldn't imagine that it's different on the Storm, but on the Bold you cannot download a PDF file for later viewing. That is, you can download the attachment, but there is no native PDF file viewer on the Bold. The only way to view it is by Open Attachment from the email itself. In that case, it should display as a PDF file, not text, regardless of whether you are using .162 or .282.

The only time I ever see a PDF file as text is in the BB Browser.
    08-14-09 08:27 AM
    When installing an OS update, make sure that the BlackBerry Attachment Service is selected as well as Documents to go. That will take care of downloading attachments and also allow you to edit previously existing Word and Excel documents. The PDF thing is still only available via the open attachment mechanism (as JasW pointed out). To view downloaded PDF's (that are saved to a media card or the like), you need a third party application. The two most popular ones are the Professional Version of Docs To Go (quite hefty price, but you get added functionality in DocsToGo in addition to the PDFToGo app) and Repligo Reader (opens PDF). Hope that helps clear up some things and I didn't just muddy the waters more.
    08-14-09 08:51 AM
    Thanks guys. I'll try :-)

08-14-09 09:56 AM
    Repligo is much better in clarity on my BB than PDFToGo..
    08-14-09 12:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD