Went down to the AT&T store to ask if the bold was being released this month. The sales rep did not know , and said “the man to ask is the regional manager you’re in luck he's here today". Anyway This Manager comes over to me tells me he is a regional manager for a number of ATT stores. and he was there for the day doing other work. He told me the Bold is having problems, ( Software Problems\ Battery life etc.. bla bla .. ) and just got word this past Friday July 18th 2008 It will not be released until November of 2008 of this year for AT&T. He went on to tell me that ATT was hoping to have a release date the end of this month or mid August, "but looks like it's not going to happen."

Sound like Rim is looking at some very disappointing returns for this quarter not to mention jumpy investors and most of all disappointed customers .

Could this be true? I mean the man is a regional manager for a number of AT&T stores. I’m sure he would be getting promotional items ready for all the stores he in charge of in preparation for the release for the BlackBerry Bold, but he's not. because I asked him. If he did this would be a good sign. Well looks like another roll back for Rim.
    07-20-08 03:36 PM
    I guess we will see in the next couple of weeks

Thanks for sharing.
    07-20-08 03:55 PM
    everytime i read something like this i get soo anxious! i hope it comes out soon... =/
    07-20-08 04:08 PM
    Hmm well apparently it's coming out in the next week or so in Europe and Australia so will have to keep an eye on what happens!
    07-20-08 04:23 PM
    Went down to the AT&T store to ask if the bold was being released this month. The sales rep did not know , and said �the man to ask is the regional manager you�re in luck he's here today". Anyway This Manager comes over to me tells me he is a regional manager for a number of ATT stores. and he was there for the day doing other work. He told me the Bold is having problems, ( Software Problems\ Battery life etc.. bla bla .. ) and just got word this past Friday July 18th 2008 It will not be released until November of 2008 of this year for AT&T. He went on to tell me that ATT was hoping to have a release date the end of this month or mid August, "but looks like it's not going to happen."

Sound like Rim is looking at some very disappointing returns for this quarter not to mention jumpy investors and most of all disappointed customers .

Could this be true? I mean the man is a regional manager for a number of AT&T stores. I�m sure he would be getting promotional items ready for all the stores he in charge of in preparation for the release for the BlackBerry Bold, but he's not. because I asked him. If he did this would be a good sign. Well looks like another roll back for Rim.

Lol, November, December, January....at this point, whatever. Thanks for sharing the information. I talked to a manager a few weeks ago and was told mid -August. Blah, Blah... So, like Jayden0606 said, we'll see in a few weeks.
    07-20-08 04:29 PM
    Oh yes, more dates from word of mouth!!! Honestly, no one knows. I'm waiting for an official ATT announcement.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-08 06:28 PM
    Lol, November, December, January....at this point, whatever.
    I could not have said this better myself.
    07-20-08 06:32 PM
    am getting annoyed with rim. let customers know whats up.
    07-20-08 06:32 PM
    I know what you folks mean but after the mess that I went thru with the iPhone, I will wait until Rim gets it right.
    07-20-08 06:41 PM
    hmm looking more and more like i will be picking up a curve this week..
    07-20-08 06:47 PM
    Did you you go to the store today? Sunday? "Regional" manager working on a Sunday? hmmm.....
    07-20-08 07:18 PM
    Did you you go to the store today? Sunday? "Regional" manager working on a Sunday? hmmm.....
    Actually it's funny how often Reg. Mgrs and VPs do store visits on weekends. It's not as uncommon as you might think....
    07-20-08 07:28 PM
    Lol, woah @ November. This better be a damn good BOLD! I'm talking about out of the box NO PROBLEMS! Lol.
    07-20-08 07:31 PM
    Lol, woah @ November. This better be a damn good BOLD! I'm talking about out of the box NO PROBLEMS! Lol.
    It better wash and dry my clothes, cook my dinner & warm up my car in the winter as well.
    07-20-08 07:34 PM
    Actually it's funny how often Reg. Mgrs and VPs do store visits on weekends. It's not as uncommon as you might think....
    i'll give you that much phonegeek. i used to work in retail as a store manager and did get the occasional "visit" causing everyone in the store to run and panic in an effort to make sure everyone was on task, ha. I don't miss those days. But, with the amount of posts that start with "I talked with a store rep that said..." and "i have a friend that works for At & t..." (I actually do by the way, ha), i'm sure you can understand my skepticism.
    07-20-08 07:34 PM
    No worries. I work for att on the network side and am fortunate enough to be testing the Bold for att.

I have even been asked to go to stores and inquire about specific products and let reg mgrs know if their sales people are knowledgeable about some of the more advanced products....
    07-20-08 07:47 PM
    man am I so tired of delays. I know in the long run it will be totally worth it but these rumors of delays is killing my buzz!

07-21-08 12:09 AM
    If this is truly the case, then why aren't there any articles corroborating this story similar to previous delays?

Unfortunately, in my opinion, this doesn't hold any water.

Also, if these issues were true, then why are other carriers worldwide pencilling in release dates?

Just my .02
    07-21-08 12:40 AM
    I spoke with him friday the 18th.
    07-21-08 02:42 AM
    Maybe we can all charter a bus over to canada and pick up some bb bold's.
    like people used to do for medicine. lol ... it's just a thought.

Im getting tired of waiting. Let 's charter a bus before gas prices go up even more.
    07-21-08 03:09 AM
    man am I so tired of delays. I know in the long run it will be totally worth it but these rumors of delays is killing my buzz!

If you're tired of hearing rumors then you should blame the people posting them Maybe they're all actually iPhone fanboys trying to get the BB crowd upset and to convert.
    07-21-08 07:46 AM

Everybody got something to complain about! Complains, complains, aren't you guys TIRED of complaining?

07-21-08 09:07 AM
    am getting annoyed with rim. let customers know whats up.

IMHO, I understand the need to have a sound device with "minimal" issues prior to "mass" production. I expect that from a company like RIM. So, did at&t drop the ball on the testing, or was this planned all along to have some distance between the iPhone / BOLD release dates? Who knows and really cares? I don't. However, I just know that I'm one of the consumers that will probably be buying two when they're released - maybe.
    07-21-08 10:04 AM
    Maybe we can all charter a bus over to canada and pick up some bb bold's.
    like people used to do for medicine. lol ... it's just a thought.

Im getting tired of waiting. Let 's charter a bus before gas prices go up even more.
    I'm in STEVE!!!!
    07-21-08 09:52 PM
    They need the extra time to redraw Att's 3G map---Obviously, from feedback with the Iphone---its totally exaggerated.
    07-21-08 10:37 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD