Hey everyone... Is there a way to make a text message from a certain person have a specific
    ringtone? I downloaded the "that's what she said" tone last night and would LOVE to assign that to my wife's text messages.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-08 09:04 AM
    This is asked very, very often.

Go to profiles-advanced options-click on a profile-click edit-scroll down to SMS-assign ringtone.
    11-05-08 09:17 AM
    I apologize for not searching first. But as you can see I posted that from my device, and just didn't take the time to search. I appreciate the help!
    11-05-08 10:28 AM
    This is asked very, very often.

Go to profiles-advanced options-click on a profile-click edit-scroll down to SMS-assign ringtone.
    Unless I am missing something, the above instructions are to only assign a ringtone to ALL text messages, I am looking to assign a tone to text messages only coming from one person. Possible?
    11-05-08 10:30 AM
    Unless I am missing something, the above instructions are to only assign a ringtone to ALL text messages, I am looking to assign a tone to text messages only coming from one person. Possible?
    Not possible. You can only assign a ringtone to particular person.
    11-05-08 10:44 AM
    Sorry, must have misread your question. Ringtones, you can set by person, but it isn't possible to assign different text alerts to different people.
    11-05-08 11:06 AM
    Thanks for the help guys!!!!!
    11-05-08 11:45 AM
    There is a way to do it & you have to create a new profile...only problem with it is if you put your BB on silent it won't silence the new profile

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...contact-48275/
    Last edited by CGSCOT; 11-05-08 at 11:53 AM.
    11-05-08 11:50 AM
    Some reason they seem too have taken that option out from the old Blackberry....eg. Storm and Torch
    12-22-13 06:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD