Hi I recently got a bb bold 9700 os5 v5.0.0.656 I don't have a bis plan I.e I'am using by tcp/ip apn settings enabled.
    So as long as I am using a wifi things are great everything works fine but as soon as I switch to simple data plan I do not anymore get notifications from what's app and facebook messenger which works on other devices like bb curve 8520 without wifi or bis but on apn settings enabled what should I do now? I want to upgrade to os6 will my problem be solved on upgrading to os 6.
    Thank you
    And sorry for bad english
    04-29-13 02:08 PM
    Hi I recently got a bb bold 9700 os5 v5.0.0.656 I don't have a bis plan I.e I'am using by tcp/ip apn settings enabled.
    So as long as I am using a wifi things are great everything works fine but as soon as I switch to simple data plan I do not anymore get notifications from what's app and facebook messenger which works on other devices like bb curve 8520 without wifi or bis but on apn settings enabled what should I do now? I want to upgrade to os6 will my problem be solved on upgrading to os 6.
    Thank you
    And sorry for bad english
    Hi and welcome to the forums,

Unfortunetly all data goes through Blackberries NOC which requires the BIS plan. A generic data plan through your carrier will not work.

For example, if i were to have a 5gb data plan on a iphone and went to go to a blackberry that plan would be useless with out BIS being enabled.
    04-30-13 12:44 AM