I updated some of my apps today and restarted my Blackberry. I noticed some of the apps in my favourites panel were out of order, so I rearranged them. I then opened my browser and surfed for a few minutes. When I closed my browser, some of the apps in my favourites panel had duplicated (Messages, MemoPad and Contacts) and as a result, some of my other apps are no longer there.

This happens every single time I restart my Blackberry and I usually have to go through a ridiculous amount of marking/unmarking everything as favourites, restarting and crossing my fingers to get it to stick. (If I simply unmark the duplicates and then do anything else like opening my browser, calendar, etc. or swiping over to a different panel, when I go back to my favourites panel, the duplicates come back.)

I'm using a Blackberry Bold 9790 with OS7.

Is there a solution to this problem? Is anything I'm doing causing this?

I would appreciate any help with this matter. Thank you!
    06-27-13 12:29 PM
    I updated some of my apps today and restarted my Blackberry. I noticed some of the apps in my favourites panel were out of order, so I rearranged them. I then opened my browser and surfed for a few minutes. When I closed my browser, some of the apps in my favourites panel had duplicated (Messages, MemoPad and Contacts) and as a result, some of my other apps are no longer there.

This happens every single time I restart my Blackberry and I usually have to go through a ridiculous amount of marking/unmarking everything as favourites, restarting and crossing my fingers to get it to stick. (If I simply unmark the duplicates and then do anything else like opening my browser, calendar, etc. or swiping over to a different panel, when I go back to my favourites panel, the duplicates come back.)

I'm using a Blackberry Bold 9790 with OS7.

Is there a solution to this problem? Is anything I'm doing causing this?

I would appreciate any help with this matter. Thank you!
    Welcome to the CB forums,

Unfortunately I haven't been on a OS7 device in some time, however, I'll pass this off to one of our trusty ambassadors to get you an answer
    ReeMote likes this.
    06-27-13 01:37 PM
    Welcome to the CB forums,

Unfortunately I haven't been on a OS7 device in some time, however, I'll pass this off to one of our trusty ambassadors to get you an answer
    Thank you very much, I really appreciate it!
    06-27-13 01:55 PM
    I'm using the 9850 and tried to duplacate your issue but when I use the favorite panel what I put there stays there without any added icons. Did you recently update the OS as well? I have had issues with apps after that. The only thing I can suggest is tho try deleting the apps you updated completely and reinstall them. There might be an issue with part of the old code left on there after the update.
    ReeMote likes this.
    06-27-13 02:07 PM
    I, too, still have OS7 and have never seen that in my year with the 9930. Have you installed any themes? Hybrid OS or the official from your carrier?

I, too, might suggest removing all of your Favorites, rebooting, then recreate them.

Good luck
    ReeMote likes this.
    06-27-13 04:23 PM
    No themes, merely a wallpaper. I've only installed 2 free apps and removed some of the apps that were preinstalled on my Blackberry. Also, I haven't updated my OS or anything like that.

I shall try what you both have suggested. Thanks very much for the help!
    06-27-13 06:59 PM
    I removed all my favourites, rebooted and everything seemed to work fine. Just to be sure, I deleted and reinstalled my apps and the problem seems to be fixed.

Thank you both again! Have a great weekend!
    06-27-13 10:48 PM
    Very good! Glad you got everything working now.
    06-29-13 05:57 PM