After more than a year of trouble free use, the last few weeks I have started to experience Application Memory shortages, where my Bold9900 constantly asks me to delete applications, languages or anything to free up space. It doesn't seem to matter what I do, the problem comes back every day, and is become increasingly frequent. The phone regularly decides to purge my Emails, SMS and calendar data - all the stuff that I need to access on the road.
    I have seen this reported in other threads and forums but there never seems to be a definitive solution. I've tried everything I've found and have looked at Application Storage (in Options/Device/Application Management) where there is some 131.6MB of 'Other' that leaves me crippled with just 1.2MB free space - but I can't work out was this 'Other' is.
    Does anybody know what it is, where I can find it, and how can I clear it?

Application memory  shortage-screencapture.jpg
    10-02-13 04:25 PM
    Connect your phone to your PC and see what's on the internal memory. If nothing is there, an OS reload should clear that up.
    mushroom_daddy likes this.
    10-02-13 05:29 PM
    I have been trying to do this using the Mac desktop software, which indicates about 1-2MB is available. So tried to delete miscellaneous language modules but this never completes, always faults saying something about failed verification and dependencies.
    I have not tried an OS reload and are not sure how to do that.
    10-02-13 05:44 PM
    Have u tried the alt lglg for erasing your memory logs?

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 09:04 PM
    Have u tried the alt lglg for erasing your memory logs?
    Thanks, that's a good tip. This has helped a little but not really enough, and I still have this >100MB down to 'Other' in the Application Storage, I suspect it will not be long before I'm prompted to delete applications and the Bold9900 takes it upon itself to purge my valuable data

Application memory  shortage-screencapture_002.jpg
    10-03-13 02:44 AM
    How about moving your photos and videos off your handset? I'm figuring most of your "other" data is either photos, videos or music?

Only so much you can do aside from saving your data and doing a full wipe.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 11:12 AM
    Sorry that was a before coffee comment since your photos, etc are obviously saved to a micro card on the handset.

I'd do a wipe if it's not company owned.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 11:15 AM
    Have you cleared your cookies and browser cache?

Alright, i'll shut up since I really have nothing......

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 12:03 PM
    Thanks medic_28 for all your suggestions. Yes I've done all the things you suggest except the wipe. I am a little reluctant to do that (although it is my own handset) partly because I don't know exactly how!
    10-03-13 05:29 PM
    This continues to be a real problem for me - last night my Bold 9900 again decided to purge data from the handset, knocking back my Emails to the last few weeks, and purging all past calendar data. Purging calendar data, which is synced with a cloud server subsequently get's knocked off everything else! Yes I can get calendar data back through a restore service (as I've had to do several times) but it's just so irritating.

This morning Application Storage was down to zero MB, and then after a reset back at 88+MB.
    I only sync (and want the handset to hold) 1 yr past & future of calendar data. That doesn't seem unreasonable for a 'business smartphone', I often have to refer back to past meeting dates. Not being able to look at Emails older than 2-3 weeks is equally farcical. Such a pity as I really like using my BlackBerry.

Do BB10 devices also purge in this way? This thread seems to indicate similar problems: imported-calendar-data-doesnt-show-past-30-days-794024
    Very tempted by the Q10, but I'm not going to buy another phone that decides when to purge my data.
    Last edited by mushroom_daddy; 01-16-14 at 02:53 AM.
    12-18-13 03:07 AM
    Which OS version are you using? Updating to the newest one might fix it. The download link for 7.1.0.1098 and instructions should be in one of the stickies at the top of this forum. Just make sure to back up your data so you can restore it after the update.
    12-18-13 12:05 PM