I've searched for application memory and it came up with some rather random results. My bb has recently been draining its app memory. And even after a fresh pull it'll still dwindle down and all I really use is aim text fb which is always on and internet. Haven't had any problems before and am wondering besides updating if there's anything I can do ..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-09 02:11 PM
    Updating really is your best bet if you're on the OS your phone came with. The newer ones are much better with memory management.

However, you can also close Facebook when you're not actively looking at it (don't worry, you'll still get notifications), move any media files out of the system memory onto an SD card, clear your browser cache, and run memory cleaner. If you've had the phone for a long time it may be worth clearing your log file too (ALT+LGLG > Menu > Delete).

Learning to manage your memory well makes battery pulls completely unnecessary on newer builds of the OS.

07-28-09 02:24 PM
    Is there a way to clear the log file on a Storm?
    07-28-09 02:54 PM
    Is there a way to clear the log file on a Storm?
    Sho' 'nuff:
    http://www.technipages.com/blackberry-storm-access-hidden-event-log-screen.html

07-28-09 03:32 PM
    Thank digital. Clearing this won't cause any problems with my phone, will it?
    07-28-09 03:47 PM
    Thank digital. Clearing this won't cause any problems with my phone, will it?
    Nope. My guess is that you've never even used it so far. Its intended purpose is to log events so you can ready what your phone did and when. It logs various events, errors/failures, network changes, etc. It's basically there for troubleshooting info. If everything is fine as of right now, very little of that information is going to be useful to your average user.

07-28-09 06:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD