hey, please anyone help me!!
    my application memory is getting low and lower..

i must 'quickpull' my handheld every 4-5 hrs..
    after that the app memory is 9-10 mb...

i using bb 9000 240

06-11-09 10:48 AM
    What apps are running?
    06-11-09 10:49 AM
    ALong with BT's question (What's up BT? Haven't talked to you for a little while.), what operating system are you running?

Chris

PS - Please for the love of God, make your font smaller. It's obnoxious on my 24" HD Widescreen.
    06-11-09 10:51 AM
    ALong with BT's question (What's up BT? Haven't talked to you for a little while.),
    Was in your neck of the woods all week. Down at Rotten Ralph's sucking down waaay too many Lagers.
    06-11-09 10:53 AM
    First, please resize your font!

Second, are you closing apps properly? To close them properly, press Menu>>Close. Don't just press the Back button to exit them.

Third, what apps are you running on your phone? Facebook and Viigo have been known to be mermory hogs! If you have these actively running on your BB, delete them and see how your performance is.

And last but definitely not least, this link should help you gain more memory: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-09 10:54 AM
    Was in your neck of the woods all week. Down at Rotten Ralph's sucking down waaay too many Lagers.
    My neck of the woods? You were in PA?

Chris
    06-11-09 10:54 AM
    What apps are running?

just facebook 1.6, bb msgr, yahoo! msgr, windows msgr.
    06-11-09 10:55 AM
    just facebook 1.6, bb msgr, yahoo! msgr, windows msgr.
    Are they all open at the same time? What about your OS? Or did you not see that question?

Chris
    06-11-09 10:56 AM
    I have this issue too...wait wait..no I don't. I close my apps properly...except when the hands of my wife touch my phone, everything is open! I hate that ****.

06-11-09 10:57 AM
    My neck of the woods? You were in PA?

Chris
    Yep, bunch of meetings in Society Hill area.

OP, you may have one of these running in the background causing memory management issues.
    06-11-09 10:57 AM
    Are they all open at the same time? What about your OS? Or did you not see that question?

Chris
    yes.. my OS : 240
    06-11-09 10:58 AM
    yes.. my OS : 240
    Well there you go. Messengers are HOGS. Especially when you open them all at the same time and leave them open for a while. On days when I use BBM or Beejive REALLY heavily, I need to do a battery pull every so often throughout the day.

4.6.0.240? Can't say that I remember that OS coming out...

Chris
    06-11-09 11:00 AM

Chris
    He already posted what OS he's running in his original post! Or maybe you didn't see it?

06-11-09 11:01 AM
    Messenger apps ARE memory whores. Reason why I never have them.

06-11-09 11:02 AM
    [COLOR=GREEN][I]First, please resize your font!

Second, are you closing apps properly? To close them properly, press Menu>>Close. Don't just press the Back button to exit them.

Third, what apps are you running on your phone? Facebook and Viigo have been known to be mermory hogs! If you have these actively running on your BB, delete them and see how your performance is.

And last but definitely not least, this link should help you gain more memory:

i will try that! thanks
    06-11-09 11:03 AM
    He already posted what OS he's running in his original post! Or maybe you didn't see it?

Maybe it's because I wanted clarification since I don't remember a 4.6.0.240 ever leaking for the Bold?

Chris
    06-11-09 11:03 AM
    so what i must supposed to do?
    06-11-09 11:06 AM
    so what i must supposed to do?
    Be sure to close your applications properly and possibly look into getting a multi-protocol IM client such as Beejive IM so that you only have to have one application running instead of two or three.

Chris
    06-11-09 11:08 AM
    Get rid of unwanted apps, as described in the link I provided. Perform daily manual battery pulls (not QuickPull). Save any important messages and delete the rest. Same goes for emails, if any.

06-11-09 11:10 AM
    Be sure to close your applications properly and possibly look into getting a multi-protocol IM client such as Beejive IM so that you only have to have one application running instead of two or three.

Chris
    ive done that before.. but still
    06-11-09 11:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD