Hi everyone,
    This question is open ended but any insight is appreciated. I am using 5.0.0.100 on my bold and i really like it, it seems faster, more free memory, better browser, bbm etc but am missing facebook and windows live messenger. Now i know 5.0 is a beta, but all my other apps are working fine. Because facebook and windows live are created by rim, is it not possible for them to work until 5.0 becomes more official? Are there any work arounds? When can I hope for them to be compatible?
    06-25-09 09:52 PM
    RIM *may* be working on newer versions designed *specifically* to work with 5.0...

If you don't mind my asking, HOW MUCH more free memory, etc., are you experiencing with 5.0 vs 4.6? I too have a Bold (and could care less about social networking software) and find myself, far too often, running low on RAM and MemoryUp Pro doesn't seem to do a THING. I've hardly got anything whatsoever installed (a couple of small themes and two IM applications, none of which are running simultaneously).

Any feedback from a fellow Bold user who doesn't rate the 5.0 release SOLELY on it's ability to (or not to) run the Facebook application (which, sadly, seems to be the case for most of the feedback I have, thus far, read on here).

Thanks!

M
    06-25-09 11:59 PM
    i think part of the problem is that the releases of 5.0 arent really meant for the general public just yet. they are all leaked, and i think that the downside to having a leaked os, is that some programs may not play well. i think you may be out of luck until a different 5.0 beta gets leaked again that may make it compatible.
    06-26-09 01:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD