Hey everyone!

Within the last 12 months I've gone from my BlackBerry Bold 9900 to a Z10, then to an iPhone 5, to an Galaxy S4, and then on to a Q10. I decided the Q10 missed the mark on a lot of what I loved on the 9900. I traded it out with a member here for a Galaxy S4. I fell in LOVE with the SGS4. I actually enjoyed the larger screen, impressive battery life and great eco system.

After my desire to use the Android operating system increased, I realized the Samsung Note 3 was debuting in a matter of days. I convinced myself that it was a must have. I plan on getting the device towards the middle to end of this month. There was no way I could pay the capital upfront of 729 dollars through AT&T. Therefore, I listed the SG4 on Amazon (Didn't sell here) and had it sell for $475. This gave me enough money to put towards the Note 3.

In the meantime, I needed a device. I thought to myself, "How much money do I want to spend for the next 20 days of phone usage? I could sell whatever I get for the price I paid if it were Apple (Large resale value)." Then I told myself, "What has been your favorite device you've used? It was easy, the Bold 9900.

For every major application the phone lacks, there is a feature on the device that bests all other devices. For every device that has a better screen, brighter and larger, the 9900 has a better way to communicate. For every device that promises a lot of flashy new features, the Bold 9900 stuck to what it does best: Communication and Email.

There is no doubt that BlackBerry is tanking because of the lack of innovation. It's unfortunate that the innovation to the Q10 and BlackBerry 10, missed the mark for a lot of the features everyone loved on the Bold 9900. I'm happy to be back as of late this week.
    10-01-13 11:10 AM
    ...so if only BlackBerry would bring BB10 to feature-parity with BBOS, and put a hard trackpad and call start / end and menu / back buttons onto a device that in other ways is a "Q10", they'd win over a lot of the current BBOS fans: everything they love about BBOS + the ability to run next-gen apps and games that are already available on BB10 (and even if BB10 has some high-profile holdouts, there ARE a lot of great, feature rich, modern apps on BB10).

Seems pretty simple to me: all that the BB10 development team has to do is get a complete list of BBOS features still missing from BB10, get them in there, and put out a Q10 with hard buttons on it... and they're at least where they should have been in February 2013.

Ironically the consensus seems to be (paraphrased) "BB is not innovating by putting in features from their 5 year old devices into BB10".

It's oxymoronic, but it's true... I feel oxymoronic about it myself.

Best of BBOS that can run modern apps: that's what a lot of people really want, BB, and it is within your power to do it!
    10-01-13 11:13 AM
    Good to have you back but I think you have to keep in mind how old BBOS is and how many years it took to get it to where it is now. Given the short amount of time BB10 has existed, I think it's catching up quite fast. Unfortunately for BlackBerry, time is of the essence.
    10-01-13 11:17 AM
    Hey thanks for the comment back. The core features of email are now different. Trackpad is gone with the call/end buttons are gone. Keyboard shortcuts are at a minimum. Actions that make the core functionality of the phone easier, are missing.

I agree with BBOS needing a major refresh. I just feel BlackBerry overlooked the best features we loved most.

Good to have you back but I think you have to keep in mind how old BBOS is and how many years it took to get it to where it is now. Given the short amount of time BB10 has existed, I think it's catching up quite fast. Unfortunately for BlackBerry, time is of the essence.
    10-01-13 11:33 AM
    I'm sure my comments might sound strange. I've spoken to other previous BBOS users that went on to BB10, and are now contemplating a switch due to the very same reasons.

The 9900 is still an awesome device, if communicating is THE priority to the user. Those who have a tablet or other phone would do themselves a favor in picking one up. The Q10 is good, just missing the features we BBOS users loved most about the 9900.

...so if only BlackBerry would bring BB10 to feature-parity with BBOS, and put a hard trackpad and call start / end and menu / back buttons onto a device that in other ways is a "Q10", they'd win over a lot of the current BBOS fans: everything they love about BBOS + the ability to run next-gen apps and games that are already available on BB10 (and even if BB10 has some high-profile holdouts, there ARE a lot of great, feature rich, modern apps on BB10).

Seems pretty simple to me: all that the BB10 development team has to do is get a complete list of BBOS features still missing from BB10, get them in there, and put out a Q10 with hard buttons on it... and they're at least where they should have been in February 2013.

Ironically the consensus seems to be (paraphrased) "BB is not innovating by putting in features from their 5 year old devices into BB10".

It's oxymoronic, but it's true... I feel oxymoronic about it myself.

Best of BBOS that can run modern apps: that's what a lot of people really want, BB, and it is within your power to do it!
    10-01-13 11:35 AM