Ok, so my BIS is working, I can use email, BBM, internet, Facebook etc. etc. etc.

But I went to log in on my PC just to see what was there and I can't, so I requested my password to my phone and got this message

"You asked to have your password sent to your device.

User name and password don't exist. Please use your device to access BlackBerry Internet Service."

So does that mean use my device to set up a username and password? Or that I can't have a username and password?

My BIS is from Orange, so it's BlackBerry Internet Service (blackberry.orange.co.uk is on the end on my email that I set up, so I guessed it was my email as the username, but it isn't )
    07-13-09 06:20 AM
    When you set up your email, did you do it on the phone the first time or did you use the computer? If the phone, it created an account but no username or password for it. You will have to call your provider and more than likely they will route you to RIM in order to fix this. (I had the same thing happen when I first got my bold)
    07-13-09 07:15 AM
    I'm not really too bothered about it so if it means calling up people then I'll pass.
    But yeah, I did it on my handset.
    07-13-09 07:22 AM
    At some point you are going to want it, and most likely won't have the time to call then. Call as soon as you get time and get this handled.
    07-13-09 07:25 AM
    Why would I want it though?
    I mean, why do I NEED to be able to log into BIS on my PC when everything on my handset is working fine? :/
    07-13-09 09:58 AM
    Why would I want it though?
    I mean, why do I NEED to be able to log into BIS on my PC when everything on my handset is working fine? :/
    For when it's not and you need to resend your service books.
    07-13-09 10:01 AM
    Or you want to apply filters to your email accounts.
    07-13-09 12:13 PM
    Yeah I just had to do this today in order to get my original BlackBerry email account back. It took around 20-25 mins.....mostly because of me having to do 2-3 battery pulls. But the CSR got it done and I'm glad it is.

I don't know when RIM changed it, but now you can set different signatures on each of your emails when you send from your phone. And you can do this all through your BB.
    07-13-09 04:46 PM
    I'm pretty sure that you can just log in through your phone, and it will prompt you to create a user name and password.

I had to do this through a few of my company's phones, but can't remember the exact procedure.

First, go to BlackBerry Internet Service on your device. Click "Forget Password" If that doesn't work, create a new account through the device. Either one of these procedures should lead you to be able to have a username/password. It just has to be done on the device.
    07-13-09 07:31 PM
    here is how to fix this situation. Because you set it up on the DEVICE. you have secure access to this account ONLY from the device. To change this you must go through the device email setup and "create account" it will say a few things like are you sure yadda yadda this is permanent and cannot be undone yadda yadda.. So once you complete all that you can successfully access your BIS site and login from the computer.
    07-13-09 10:02 PM
    here is how to fix this situation. Because you set it up on the DEVICE. you have secure access to this account ONLY from the device. To change this you must go through the device email setup and "create account" it will say a few things like are you sure yadda yadda this is permanent and cannot be undone yadda yadda.. So once you complete all that you can successfully access your BIS site and login from the computer.
    This is pretty close. What you want to do is go into personal email set up and look for create username, if you don't see it look for service's/settings I believe. If you don't see any of that you may be stuck on a screen past that so just hit menu>close and then go back into personal email setup and you should see it. You'll get the message mentioned above about having a secured connection and once you confirm your password for your BIS login you'll have to validate your email buy putting in your email password(s). A data support rep can set it up for you if you have to call in but they aren't supposed to ever get your password so they'll put in a temp and then you'll have to log in and validate the email but doing it from the phone is pretty easy and I walk several people a week through it.
    07-13-09 11:58 PM
    Oh I got it!
    All I needed to do is what Redneck told me to do Go into Setup folder > Email setup then it lead me to an Orange page where all I needed to do was go on Settings and it had a link to create a username
    07-14-09 05:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD