Here is the story. I was using os7 and and 2 days back I upgraded it to 7.1. As usual after upgrading the os, I updated pre installed apps. Like Facebook and bbm and did a re start. After re staring I found that there is no Facebook and bbm icon. I went to app world and searched for it. At the bbm screen there was no button, no re install, delete or anything. On facebook page there was a re install button through which I re installed it and again did a re boot. But again the same thing. So I though of re installing the firmware. I wiped the device via bbsak and installed the firmware via loader.exe (later I also tried with blackberry desktop manager). Now after upgrading when I went to update my app world, it re directed me to browser where I clicked download and then an error came up. I have attached a pic. Now I am unable to upgrade my blackberry app world. I tried several things like removing app world and again trying to Download it from browser, re installing firmware, downgrading and then again upgrading to 7.1 but all in vain. Please help, as I don't have any clue what's wrong and what to do.
    P. S: It's my first blackberry, and I bought it unlocked 5 days back. And I don't use BIS. I tried downloading app world via WiFi and via mobile data.

Here is the error shown

Error: Invalid manifest or application descriptor.

The "MIDlet-Name" attribute is missing

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Last edited by leoavi94; 07-11-15 at 10:57 AM.
    07-11-15 01:47 AM
    Here is the story. I was using os7 and and 2 days back I upgraded it to 7.1. As usual after upgrading the os, I updated pre installed apps. Like Facebook and bbm and did a re start. After re staring I found that there is no Facebook and bbm icon. I went to app world and searched for it. At the bbm screen there was no button, no re install, delete or anything. On facebook page there was a re install button through which I re installed it and again did a re boot. But again the same thing. So I though of re installing the firmware. I wiped the device via bbsak and installed the firmware via loader.exe (later I also tried with blackberry desktop manager). Now after upgrading when I went to update my app world, it re directed me to browser where I clicked download and then an error came up. I have attached a pic. Now I am unable to upgrade my blackberry app world. I tried several things like removing app world and again trying to Download it from browser, re installing firmware, downgrading and then again upgrading to 7.1 but all in vain. Please help, as I don't have any clue what's wrong and what to do.
    P. S: It's my first blackberry, and I bought it unlocked 5 days back. And I don't use BIS. I tried downloading app world via WiFi and via mobile data.

Here is the error shown

Error: Invalid manifest or application descriptor.

The "MIDlet-Name" attribute is missing

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    You are going to need BIS... There is some extravagant work around that will give you limited access to certain features otherwise, but BBOS was built to be BIS/BES dependent... That may be the issue right there.

Some other things to consider:

Try an app world reset: Open App World, Go to My World, Press and hold ALT while typing the letters R S T. This will cause app world to freeze for a second and exit itself. Re-enter App World and see if the apps resurface/offer you the download option.

Download the desired apps via OTA... http://www.theiexplorers.com/OTA/ is trust worthy and reliable... You can google the current BBM/FB versions to be sure you are installing the up to date version for that device...

Get a BIS plan... This will probably clear up a LOT of the issues you are having...

Hope this helps

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 01:01 PM
    Thanks for the help sir. But I was using it without BIS on my 9970 without any problem and also on 9900 running os 7. And as I have mentioned, I get the option of upgrading my app world, and when I click on that it re directs me to the browser were there is a option to download. After I click, another screen appears to confirm the language and click download. And after clicking that button, that error comes.
    07-11-15 01:59 PM
    2 more things I noticed.

1) option of deleting user apps is greyed out in Security wipe device.

2) My phone sets date and time back to 7th July when I set it to update automatically.
    07-11-15 02:01 PM
    I have faced similar problem on 9900, but I can't recall how I fix it. I think I just did hot restart and miraculously things worked.
    07-17-15 02:35 AM