Verizon support told me today that they will be releasing the Bold by no later than the end of Sept, about two weeks after ATT releases theirs.
    Does Verizon support realize they are a CDMA carrier while the Bold is a GSM phone? If Verizon ever does get the Bold, it won't be the Blackberry 9000.
    08-15-08 02:33 PM
    I just bought a Curve two weeks ago and re-upped with a 2 year contract on ATT. Can I return the phone and somehow be eligible to get the Bold at the upgrade price when it comes out? I know I can cancel my contract without the ETF, but I don't want to cancel service, just go back to month to month until the Bold comes out. I know this sounds pretty ridiculous and I'm doubtful it could work, but any advice on how I can get the Bold at a subsidized price? Thanks for any help.
    Depends how long you've had the phone. If you bought it less than 30 days ago then yes you can return it and get your upgrade back.
    08-15-08 02:59 PM
    Anybody have an opinion on whether Amazon.com will have the Bold when AT&T launches it...As you may already know Amazon's deals are much better than AT&T online deals...right now, Amazon is selling the curve for $0.01 versus $149 that AT&T is selling it for...
    08-15-08 03:04 PM
    yeah it seems strange that canada would get anything before the states does, but keep in mind.... RIM IS CANADIAN. but yeah i know that rim has nothing to do with release dates cuz they released the phone to carriers a long time ago. its up to the carriers to test em and release em on their own time.
    08-18-08 02:20 AM
    yeah it seems strange that canada would get anything before the states does, but keep in mind.... RIM IS CANADIAN. but yeah i know that rim has nothing to do with release dates cuz they released the phone to carriers a long time ago. its up to the carriers to test em and release em on their own time.
    Actually RIM's location has nothing to do with the release... it's totally up to the carriers now. I personally don't have a problem with Rogers getting the Bold before us. It's the carriers like Movistar and that carrier in Hong Kong that are getting it before us. If you are going to give them the phone at least make the US launch somewhere close to the other launches. I actually have a lot of respect for Rogers because they aren't sucking off Steve Jobs like AT&T and O2 in the UK are.
    08-18-08 02:32 AM
    I need an upgrade.. STAT! And I refuse to go to the iPhone. Refuse I say!
    You my friend, is a smart guy.
    08-18-08 02:38 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD