Was sent a new Bold by ATT to replace my "dead" one - is there any way to retrieve the contact info. from the BB Bold that won't even power on?

I know - I know - should have backed everything up on BB Desktop but I thought it was doing that everytime I synced

thanks!
    04-09-09 07:57 AM
    Not unless you saved them on the SIM.
    04-09-09 07:59 AM
    yea, unless you saved them in DM or to the SIM, you are probably screwed. but hey, inputting my contacts manually onto my new bold only took me about an hour (215 contacts). getting all the numbers all over again, may take you longer.
    04-09-09 08:09 AM
    Can i ask how dead it actually is - as in what the problem with it was?
    04-09-09 08:12 AM
    Can i ask how dead it actually is
    Is this like being a little pregnant?
    04-09-09 08:13 AM
    Is this like being a little pregnant?
    Ha Ha - that made me chuckle.

The reason i ask is a lot of people say/think their device is dead as it won't power on or have the contiual white screen loading syndrome but these are still (not always) fine and can be fixed with a simple OS reload.
    04-09-09 08:16 AM
    Ha Ha - that made me chuckle.

The reason i ask is a lot of people say/think their device is dead as it won't power on or have the contiual white screen loading syndrome but these are still (not always) fine and can be fixed with a simple OS reload.
    I agree with you 100%.
    04-09-09 08:18 AM
    It won't do anything - tried a new battery, totally blank/black/zip/nada . . .

thanks for all your help and suggestions!
    04-09-09 08:34 AM
    I agree with you 100%.
    had that problem also
    04-09-09 08:47 AM
    Ok thanks - was just trying to explore the possibility of bringing it back from the dead.
    04-09-09 08:59 AM
    Ok thanks - was just trying to explore the possibility of bringing it back from the dead.
    Much Appreciated - was hoping too!!
    04-09-09 09:01 AM
    Much Appreciated - was hoping too!!
    If you want to give it a go I can send you instructions on what to try.
    04-09-09 09:05 AM
    If you want to give it a go I can send you instructions on what to try.
    But with the BB being dead - will it be recognized by the CPU?

Already synced up with the new one . . .
    04-09-09 09:10 AM
    Depending on what the actual problem is with it then yes it can be recognized.

When you get 5 take the battery out and plug the usb into the PC and hopefully the LED may light up and a battery sign will appear on the screen.

If either of them happen we possibly can save it. If not - you're right with it being blank/black/zip/nada . . .

I appreciate you've synced noe buit if you haven't added your contacts etc then we could save you that problem and you then have 2 BlackBerry's for the price of 1
    04-09-09 09:42 AM
    You shouldn't have to recover your contacts from your dead berry. Just hook the new berry up to DM and re-sync (since you mentioned that you'd sync'd in the past).

You MAY have to look at your sync settings prior to doing the sync but for the most part it should be painless. I use the same DM for 2 BB's and both share the same contacts from the same Outlook.
    04-09-09 11:08 AM
    Wait... If you said you synced the phone already, I would think you should be fine. What were you syncing it to? Outlook, Lotus? Somewhere where it keeps your contacts anyway, right? Or is there another reason for syncing the phone? (media I suppose)
    04-09-09 11:19 AM
    My BB Torch 9810 is in a non-stop reboot to the "Rethink Possible" white screen and it will go no further until a little while then it reboots itself. I tried pulling the battery and using DM - retry and update but it only says "could not connect to selected device". I have confirmed that the USB cable is fine. I even tried a new battery and a new usb cable, no luck. I have not done a back up/sync in forever and I am freaking out that I just lost all my contact info. Is there anyway to to retrieve my contact info? Can you access a BB like a Hard Drive? Anything, I am desperate.

The only issue I had prior to this hell is it asked me to delete items for lack of memory.

Please someone HELP
    12-20-13 05:43 PM
    I suggest you repost in the 9810 forum. This is the 9000 forum. The 2 units are very different.

If you have an SD card in it, you can remove the SD card and plug it into anything else and read the files. The internal memory can only be read with the phone booted.
    12-20-13 06:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD