I purchased a Verizon Wireless Tour so I could forever rid myself from AT&T. I tried to login to my existing bis account, but it said it didn't exist so I created a new account for myself and it works great. Then the person that I sold my blackberry bold said they were receiving my emails on their phone, so I went to the ATT BIS site and lo and behold my account was actually still there. I deleted my email accounts off of it, but is there anyway to delete the entire account permanently?

Thanks
    07-21-09 02:23 PM
    Ask AT&T to delete it.
    07-21-09 02:39 PM
    There's no other way? I just spent 25 minutes on the phone with those morons and hung up out of frustration.
    07-21-09 07:47 PM
    This is how I got the BIS account deleted on the first BlackBerry I bought off of eBay. Took all of 5 minutes. I don't know who you talked to but I would try calling back and just tell them you sold the phone and need the PIN reset.
    07-21-09 10:08 PM
    Other way would be for the buyer him/herself to call AT&T and say that they bought the phone and want the pin reset. If all goes well, AT&T will contact you to verify that you were the original owner and release the PIN.

Edit: See this thread.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Lluvia; 07-22-09 at 01:39 AM.
    07-22-09 01:34 AM
    ATT will not call the previous owner, the previous owner needs to provide the current owner with login ID and PW so they can verify the BIS account information and then have ATT delete it.
    07-22-09 05:55 AM
    This actually worked great, and I didn't even have to call AT&T. Just posting it here for future reference for anyone else having this problem. I gave my girlfriend my old blackberry, so it was easy getting the old pin and imeid, as well as using mine.

BlackBerry Manual Blog Archive Release BlackBerry PIN in 5 minutes

Let’s start…

For instance your Blackberry PIN is registered to ROGERS and you want it to be released in the next 5 minutes or even less, then you’ll need another ROGERS account (could be anyone’s account) so let’s say your PIN is ‘PIN A’ and the other one is ‘PIN B’.

Step 1: you’ll sign in to ‘PIN B’ account at rogers.blackberry.com. At the left hand side of the screen below settings, you’ll find and select ‘change device’ then enter ‘PIN A’ in the device pin bar and ‘PIN A’s IMEI’ in the Device IMEI/ESN/MEID bar and click SAVE.

Step 2: Send service books and wait until ‘PIN A’ device received “Email account information” from Activation server which actually belong to ‘PIN B’. This process should take less then a minute.

After finishing step 2, ‘PIN A’ is registered to account that belongs to ‘PIN B’ and ‘PIN B’ has no BIS account.

Step 3: After receiving those emails, you’ll have to perform ‘change device’ process one more time to start “kicking” PIN A out of any carrier by entering ‘PIN B’ into the device pin bar and ‘PIN B’s IMEI’ in the device IMEI/ESN/MEID bar and clik SAVE. Send service book and wait until ‘PIN B’ device received the “Email account information” from Activation server.

After finishing step 3, ‘PIN A’ is “freed” and ‘PIN B’ is back to it’s regular activities.

Good Luck and please Do At Your Own Risk
    07-22-09 03:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD