i know its kind of early to be asking but i was wondering if anyone tried this yet. i'm a little bored of my 9700, i had a tour on TMO b4 and i liked everything about it except i got terrible EDGE on it. i was wondering if there were any improvements on the way it handles gsm networks as well as overall functionality. thanx in advance
    05-24-10 10:43 PM
    You won't get 3G on it. What are you getting bored about that would be any different from your 9700? The shape?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-10 10:56 PM
    You won't get 3G on it. What are you getting bored about that would be any different from your 9700? The shape?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    i dont mind the lack of 3g but i'm not gonna lie as silly as it may sound it's the shape/size. the bold is actually smaller than the curves and being that i've had almost every curve the 9700's size feels somewhat feminine to me. i honestly can say i like everything about this phone EXCEPT the size. IMO this phone doesn't deserve to be called a BOLD except for the functionality.
    05-24-10 11:41 PM
    i dont mind the lack of 3g but i'm not gonna lie as silly as it may sound it's the shape/size. the bold is actually smaller than the curves and being that i've had almost every curve the 9700's size feels somewhat feminine to me. i honestly can say i like everything about this phone EXCEPT the size. IMO this phone doesn't deserve to be called a BOLD except for the functionality.

It's funny that you say this because I like everything about the 9650 technically, but I wish that I could get the 9700 shape on Sprint so I know how you feel. Problem is I'm not leaving Sprint for the 9700 shape... I guess you have more options than me! If you don't care about 3g then the extra memory is awesome- 256 just isn't enough.
    05-24-10 11:52 PM
    It's funny that you say this because I like everything about the 9650 technically, but I wish that I could get the 9700 shape on Sprint so I know how you feel. Problem is I'm not leaving Sprint for the 9700 shape... I guess you have more options than me! If you don't care about 3g then the extra memory is awesome- 256 just isn't enough.
    well we have something in common because i'm not willing to leave Tmo either
    05-24-10 11:59 PM
    well we have something in common because i'm not willing to leave Tmo either
    I guess we do!

Well, definitely good luck with your decision. I've never used T-Mobile before so I'm not really sure how their EVDO is, but my sister has been with them for years without any complaints (She has suggested many times that I switch). I'm assuming that since you're with T-Mobile you are already familiar with their coverage and what you want out if it. If the 9650 sounds like something you'd be into then go for it. I mean, I think the 9700 is really nice, but getting your phone and installing a few apps only to discover that you still have over 300 MB available is nice! And, if you're not someone who watches YouTube on their phone then you might get more use out of the memory than the 3g connection. I could go either way myself (specs vs size-- I like the specs of 9650 more but the size of 9700-- so I'd be happy either way), but if you don't like the form factor of the 9700 I feel like the 9650 may be the better choice based on memory. It's a tough one, dude. Good luck!
    05-25-10 12:37 AM
    ^ Oh, and I have noticed that Grooveshark runs WAAAAY smoother on my 9650 than my Tour. Since the only difference that would really effect Grooveshark is memory the Bold gets a huge ++++ compared to the Tour. (Tour=256 vs Bold= 512) Not sure if you stream music, but the Bold kicks the Tours **** out of the water in that respect.

*I really liked my Tour BTW, but that was my only complaint.
    05-25-10 12:45 AM
    ^ Oh, and I have noticed that Grooveshark runs WAAAAY smoother on my 9650 than my Tour. Since the only difference that would really effect Grooveshark is memory the Bold gets a huge ++++ compared to the Tour. (Tour=256 vs Bold= 512) Not sure if you stream music, but the Bold kicks the Tours **** out of the water in that respect.

*I really liked my Tour BTW, but that was my only complaint.
    **** = bum (except the one that begins with B and ends with two T's). Really Crackberry?
    05-25-10 12:47 AM
    My 9650 is running on AT&T and Sprint, works fine. EDGE constantly when I'm on AT&T network
    05-25-10 02:03 AM
    My 9650 is running on AT&T and Sprint, works fine. EDGE constantly when I'm on AT&T network
    did you have to manually install service books?
    05-25-10 01:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD