Anyone switch from Iphone to 9700?

What do you think about the change?

My iphone 3g is not usuable at the moment because it is carrier locked until a new unlock update comes out , for now im stuck with the crappiest phone i have ever used in a long time. Thinking of going to a bold 9700, i use email for work but its no THAT nessecary, bbm would be nice, i do browse alot

Lets hear some opinions, ex iphone users know exactly what im looking for.
    05-26-10 02:21 AM
    I come from an iPhone 3G and was so tired of it... Everything was slow so slow... I've got my 9700 and i don't regret it. Fast text, fast bbm, fast browsing ( i have excellent 3G coverage everywhere and it worth my iPhone even better with the latest OS leak...). Sometimes i miss the apps but for the most they are useless and you forget it really fast...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-10 05:58 AM
    If you browse a lot forget the 9700. It is best for typing.

I ak going to go back to my 9700. S2 is getting tiring to type on and battery life is terrible.

05-26-10 07:57 AM
    I came from an iPhone 3G. The browsing is probably my only gripe... I do miss the larger display of the iPhone in that regards. Wait, and the lack of native multiple alarms.

That said, I love the 9700. I don't do much from a media perspective so that's a non-issue for me. I love the keyboard, the fact that it takes video, the fact that it has a built in "flash".. And the great battery life is awesome!
    05-26-10 10:05 AM
    I've moved from an iPhone 3G to a BB9700. But I did it via a BB Storm 9550, just to make the transition smooth..
    05-26-10 10:20 AM
    Once you go BOLD you never go back.
    05-26-10 10:25 AM
    I went the other way. I dropped my 9700 like a bad habit. Tired of seeing "requesting" for ages before a page would load, mind as well just look at mobile sites. The music experience is horrible, get it together with current lossless audio formats. Forget trying to watch HQ video either, stair-stepping in the video and constantly losing sync of the audio and video. The AppWorld is a joke, highest cost per app than any other platform and the apps don't look half as good as the apps on my iPhone. Really? $7.00 for pinball. Really? Not to mention RIM is now taking even more money from devs. I really hope OS6 can bring about some much needed change
    05-26-10 10:35 AM
    I ditched my iPhone 3GS because my music, movies, and video kept deleting for some reason. Also, I started to get ALOT of dropped calls which was strange since I never had that problem before. There was a simple fix for the disappearing music, but combined with all the dropped calls, I had had enough. I had previously used an upgrade on a secondary line to get the 9700 and it was just sitting around brand new so I switched to the 9700. To be honest, I hated it at first. I just could not get used to the tiny keyboard and screen. I have had the 8300, the 8310, the 8110, the 9000 Bold so of course I wanted the new Bold. After a week, I got used to the keyboard and now I love the 9700. I do miss the larger screen, and the internet browsing plus the apps. Luckily, I have an ipod touch which takes care of the apps and music.
    05-26-10 11:34 AM
    I've tried using the browser at my vodaphone store , it wasnt that bad but i wasnt use to it. But is browsing that bad compared to the iphone?

Like i said before ive been iphoneless with about a few months now so i learned to live without apps
    05-26-10 10:18 PM
    I had an Iphone 3G for a month and went back to BB. Sold the Iphone today
    05-26-10 11:13 PM
    Went from the iPhone 3GS to the 9700 in February and haven't looked back since. Only thing I can honestly say I miss are the games, but I have a laptop so no biggie for me! :-)

05-26-10 11:26 PM
    I went from the 3G to the 9700, and I am not missing it in the slightest. The blackberry just seems a lot more refined and I hated not having physical buttons to push. The iPhone was also falling apart, headphone jack stopped working, bottom speakers stopped working. I am not looking back
    05-27-10 01:51 AM
    I switched from 3G to 9700. I had to perpetually charge my iPhone and it was slow. Plus no multitasking. I'm heavily considering the new iPhone though...
    05-27-10 02:34 AM
    web browsing is the only thing im concerned about... ive tested a few bolds in stores, they do seem a little slower than iphones but it wasnt that bad. Might wait till i see what the 4g has to offer
    05-31-10 09:20 AM
    came from an iphone 3g to the 8900 to the 9700. Won't ever go back to an iphone. Lovin my bb too much. The keyboard is something I feel I need.
    05-31-10 09:25 AM
    What about browsing switching from the iphone
    05-31-10 09:33 AM
    I bought the bold 9700 when it first came out then got the 3gs then went back to bold 9700 then got the hd2 then tried android device and hated android o.s now i'm back with the 9700. Touch screens r not my thing and I love my white 9700 as it does everything I need for my business securely! I have my laptop for a multi media device. I actually find it funny people use 3-5 " screens for mult media. That's like trying to watch a movie @ a drive in on a 19" tv.
    05-31-10 02:34 PM
    im in the middle of the situation. i love my iphone becouse its jailbroken and i get all i want. but the battery sucks on it. itll literally drain in like 4 hours. my 9700 lasts 2 days with full battery. i go back and forth. i prefer the keyboard over touch screen . if i could only have data working on both to use all services.
    05-31-10 06:30 PM
    Iphooey!

05-31-10 06:56 PM
    Ha, Totalimmortal must be pissed to see so many people switch from the iPhone to the 9700 and seem much happier...OMG, how can it be, right mortal...right!

06-01-10 03:04 AM
    i always switch between both of them...i love the browsing on the iphone since i browse alot but i hate the battery life its a joke...i hate to always have to charge my phone in the middle of the day. i love the 9700 battery life and keyboard. and using opera on the 9700 is not that bad either. im using the iphone right nowt to and will wait for the new one to come out to see if theyve improved the battery life on it.
    06-01-10 04:29 AM
    i would do the same but using a BB plan on iphone seems so complicated:S
    06-01-10 05:18 AM
    I came from a 3GS to a 9700. I do miss the browsing for sure. But the main reason was the signal strength in my 9700 is unmatched, and that was the deciding factor. I don't regret my decision for a second. I just got myself an iPad so now I have the best of both worlds. I just wish BB had like a mifi app.
    06-01-10 09:33 PM
    I came from a 3G. I did like how many products out there are Iphone ready. Like my stereo and car stereo. There are a lot of badass free themes for the iphone as well. But what I like about my BOLD is the speakerphone, crystal clear calls, and the battery life is great. I only have to charge it once a day. Unlike the iphone where I had to 3-4 times a day. My really only gripe with blackberry is that the apps and themes are crazy priced.
    06-02-10 11:57 AM
    I did but went iPhone 3GS -> BB9700 -> Nexus One -> BB9700 -> BB9650 -> BB9700

see a pattern?
    06-02-10 12:05 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD