Had the Galaxy S and then into the Android Pro. Finally convinced my boss to allow me to switch back to the Blackberry. I didn't want a phone with a thousand apps I wanted a phone that got my email on time, synced with my contacts and calendar and lasted throughout the day. He stated that if it makes you (me) more productive than it's worth it to me. He is now considering switching everyone back to Blackberry in our office.

For it's simplicity and never having to worry about it there is nothing that compares.
    07-06-11 01:40 PM
    I recently left the iPhone 4 and came back to my trusty Tour. I know the OP said Android but just had to say I am glad that I am back and waiting for the new Bold to drop on VZ.
    07-06-11 02:17 PM
    I was suckered into getting an Android device for my work phone my coworkers who could not stop raving about them. I completely refused to make the switch on my personal phone (Storm 2) to anything else and decided to let the company pay for my test so got a Droid Pro. Simple...NO. These phones I feel are more about playing than communicating. I do not use my work phone at all unless I'm on call so all it does is sit there getting text alerts when stuff goes down in the network and corporate email. With absolutely no use apart from that I still have to charge the darn thing every day to day and a half. I cant imagine what it would be like if I actually used it. True there are some cool apps that are available for the platform but my email is not guaranteed, battery life is for the birds and I don't want a social network rubbish feed staring at me everyday.

RIM, bring out the 9930 soon. My storm 2 was fun last decade and I need an upgrade. My only touchscreen device moving forward is going to be my Playbook.
    07-06-11 02:40 PM
    I had the SE X10a, Motorola XT701. Droid Pro and Atrix. The battery life on all of them were horrific. Android is a great OS, but until they do something about the battery life, I don't see myself owning another Android anytime soon. Blackberry suits my needs. When I hear people say RIM is behind Android and Apple, it depends on your needs and wants. For me, the Torch does everything I need it to do. The upcoming 9900 will do the same for me as well. So for me, I do not feel RIM is behind their competitors. I'm very happy with what they have to offer. Otherwise I would be using my iPhone4 as my main device. But I simply can't use the iPhone4 as my main device. I need a physical qwerty keyboard, push email, BBM, and the LED light! It's all about the LED light.
    I second that on the LED light. Surprising actually that none of the Android phones even come close to that Beeeeeee-autiful led.
    07-06-11 03:56 PM
    I have the Inspire, Atrix and the Torch.
    No way am I giving up my Android for BB only, but I am buying a 9900 when it comes out.

I love both BB and Android.

Android makes great OS and programs while BB makes beautiful devices.

My push email from Gmail and corporate exchange is a lot faster than RIMS push mail.
    07-06-11 05:09 PM
    Coming to the defense of Android, they are not toys and for games only.
    If that is all you can muster from Android, you have not experienced anything.
    Yes it has 1000000 + apps use only what you want, no one is making you download hundreds of useless apps

Anything I can do on my BB, my Android does it faster and better.
    Where the BB outshines my Androids is on looks(only the Bold) and battery life, but then again the screen is only half the size.
    07-06-11 05:14 PM
    I second that on the LED light. Surprising actually that none of the Android phones even come close to that Beeeeeee-autiful led.

The Motorola Atrix has the LED with multiple color to set for different messages.
    07-06-11 05:15 PM
    Had the Galaxy S and then into the Android Pro. Finally convinced my boss to allow me to switch back to the Blackberry. I didn't want a phone with a thousand apps I wanted a phone that got my email on time, synced with my contacts and calendar and lasted throughout the day. He stated that if it makes you (me) more productive than it's worth it to me. He is now considering switching everyone back to Blackberry in our office.

For it's simplicity and never having to worry about it there is nothing that compares.
    If your business has exchange, all the things you listed works fine on a Android Push mail,contact, cal, most of the time the push is equal to or faster.

battery no.
    I talk about 30-40 minutes a day few hours of music and browsing and 70+ push email from work and another 50+ email on Gmail a day.
    I get around 14-16 hrs a day on my inspire. 20-30 hrs on my Torch and Atrix.
    07-06-11 05:18 PM
    My buddy went from BlackBerry to Android about a year ago. He currently has the Droid X and he likes it. He has all of these dumb apps that he shows me and I ask him "how does that make you any more money today?" and then he agrees and we just laugh about it.

I told him today that he will be back to BlackBerry this year because of the rumored 4.3 inch QNX phone that is in the works. Told him that security is more important than having another contact app. He agreed and I think he will come back.
    07-06-11 08:14 PM
    The Motorola Atrix has the LED with multiple color to set for different messages.
    Several devices do actually but I have yet to see one with the "brilliance" of the Blackberry led. I do believe that bad boy could guide a ship in the night. I'd be interested to know if anyone knows of an Android phone that comes close. I for one do not have anything against Android. They have some great devices out there. it's just for my needs, BB works better.
    07-07-11 08:06 AM
    Some quite simple apps/add-ons are still not available for Android. For example: BerryBuzz for BB or Phone Buzzer for iOS. Your device would vibrate when it's connected, disconnected or during call so that you don't have to keep holding it to your ears or looking at the screen while driving to know if the person on the other line has picked up or not. So simple, yet unavailable on Android.
    Just to play devil's advocate - there are some basic things on Android I take for granted that are beyond frustrating on a BB. Like free Google Navigation and a real web browser. To your specific scenario - I can tell exactly when someone on the other line has picked up - not by vibration, but by when I hear them say hello. So simple. Also, there are LED control apps for Android that work just fine.
    cmknight likes this.
    07-07-11 08:35 AM
    Just to play devil's advocate - there are some basic things on Android I take for granted that are beyond frustrating on a BB. Like free Google Navigation and a real web browser. To your specific scenario - I can tell exactly when someone on the other line has picked up - not by vibration, but by when I hear them say hello. So simple. Also, there are LED control apps for Android that work just fine.

Thanks... I needed that this morning...
    07-07-11 09:24 AM
    totally agree with your comment,

but maybe i wasn't specific enough. You see, in my country where people travel around on bikes and scooters, and there are literally 100,000's people on the streets honking while driving, it's difficult to tell whether the person on the other line has picked up or not. I do not want to hold the phone to my ears to wait for that. If i'm not using a bluetooth earpiece, then that function is very essential to me.
    07-07-11 12:57 PM
    totally agree with your comment,

but maybe i wasn't specific enough. You see, in my country where people travel around on bikes and scooters, and there are literally 100,000's people on the streets honking while driving, it's difficult to tell whether the person on the other line has picked up or not. I do not want to hold the phone to my ears to wait for that. If i'm not using a bluetooth earpiece, then that function is very essential to me.
    Makes sense. Then a BB would be your best device based on need.
    07-07-11 01:51 PM
    That's what I thought. I loved "BerryBuzz" and went looking for something equivalent for my Atrix. I found "Light Flow," but unfortunately, it is random and buggy. Not surprising; most of the other Android apps I have tried don't work correctly either.
    07-07-11 03:12 PM
    I left BB for awhile for Android device and I loved the android OS for awhile and all the apps..but once the new wore off, I wasn't even really using the apps..I mostly would just browse through the market place. I really got bored with it, so I went and got the Torch..so I must say I'm glad to be back again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-11 07:08 AM
    Currently on xperia arc, really great phone huge screen i really love it but can't fight with productivity of a bb for sms. I send more than 2000 txt message every month and i'm tired of touchscreen so as soon as this bb goes live i'm on it. I also browse a lot so this should make me happy

07-08-11 09:57 AM
    I have an Andriod and hate it. I miss the customization i had with the profiles with my BB and lets not forget that Email and battery life suck big time. I tend to sell stuff on craigslist often and getting an email about an item 8 hours after someone sends it is not acceptable. It does take nice pics and the live wallpapers are a plus. I will be back to BB as soon as the all touch BB or the bold touch comes out. I'm over the droid hype completely.
    07-08-11 10:01 AM
    Had a Captivate on Froyo and it was beautiful. However, I could not stand that the landscape kb took up all of the screen so that I couldn't see more than a few lines of what I had been typing.

The email client was ok but the whole communication experience was clunky and required more input as compared to the Bold.

I also didn't like that to change a ROM I might actually brick the phone. To me that is like not being able to reformat my PC for fear of having to throw out the PC if I screwed it up.

I tried noLED but it is a known battery drainer.

I eventually gave it to my wife who uses it as a pacifier for our young children in waiting rooms and stores. To me it seems better suited for entertainment than a communication device. Having said that, it wasn't terrible and I would imagine Android will improve the communication side as time goes on.
    Last edited by mhw100; 07-08-11 at 02:41 PM.
    07-08-11 02:26 PM
    I recently left the iPhone 4 and came back to my trusty Tour. I know the OP said Android but just had to say I am glad that I am back and waiting for the new Bold to drop on VZ.
    What didn't you like about the iphone? I am torn between the upcoming iphone 5 and the 9930!!
    07-08-11 06:33 PM
    I left BB for awhile for Android device and I loved the android OS for awhile and all the apps..but once the new wore off, I wasn't even really using the apps..I mostly would just browse through the market place. I really got bored with it, so I went and got the Torch..so I must say I'm glad to be back again.

This sums up my exact same feelings. I have an Atrix and I do enjoy it, however, it is a novelty item and the once the new wore off, I miss my 9700. I certainly miss the physical keyboard and the simplicity of BB OS. I will be getting the 9900 when it comes out.
    07-08-11 06:42 PM
    Had three years of Iphones, two androids and three blackberries, just left a Atrix to a rogers unlocked 9780 on AT&T. I will be getting 9900, something about the instant email and keyboard that just burns in me. I found myself not using those cool features as much as i thought. The 720p video and touch screen/better internet experience is much needed and will make for a perfect phone!!
    07-08-11 10:35 PM
    When I am on my Galaxy S2, I miss my notification LED, I miss instant email and I miss the tactile keyboard. There is also a simplicity about the Blackberry system that has advantages over the Android OS.

I hope there is no QNX browser on any Blackberry phone until they get it all worked out. Videos on a 3" screen will leave me wanting!
    Feel the same way.

HTC Evo 4g > Waiting for Bold 9930.
    07-09-11 11:04 AM
    As much as I want to jump ship from Android back to Blackberry there's just a few things holding me back. Lack of front facing camera. Necessity? Not particularly, but something I would certainly welcome and could see myself using it several times a week. The customization of Android. After having both Blackberry's and iPhones, the level of customization is so awesome, the possibilities just seem endless. You can truly make the phone unique to how you want it. I was stuck in traffic with no radio in a friends car for 3 hours, so I pulled up Netflix and watched a movie. First time I actually have done that on my phone, but it was sick to have that option. Not to mention the perks of having a Google device, Google Nav alone is worth it. But even with all that, I miss having a hard keyboard and better battery life. And Blackberries are just more efficient with all types of messaging, whether email, text, twitter, etc. I'm very excited for the 9900, and think its going to be a great device, but I admittedly would miss some of the multimedia features I have now.
    07-09-11 02:33 PM
    I have tried them all and keep coming back to BB, its just a solid phone that Gits er Done!
    eBud likes this.
    07-10-11 08:54 AM
107 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD