Yes recently picked up a 9300, the portrait physical keyboard is what I missed most and the notification LED is top notch although some Android phones has a good LED as well (like the HTC Desire). I think for my SMS and talk use, BB comes out on top. Android is way too varied (too many versions, different keyboard, some has no LED and different devices). Also BB's are smaller and lighter.

Don't know if I'll get this 9900, the size is nice and I could use the bigger screen but I may just eventually get a 9780 when it's on sale half a year from now.
    05-30-11 07:53 AM
    I have friends who constantly whine that their "devices" are good at so many things... except working as a phone and lasting a few hours.
    After getting my 9300 I turned my Desire into a media player and tossed in a 16GB sdcard with all my music I had from my PC and installed slacker and tunein radio and surf the web on it in my favorite chair or outside (Dolphin mini browser is wicked). After a while of owning a device with Android or iOS you begin to realize how less of a phone it is compared to Nokias and Blackberries.
    05-30-11 08:06 AM
    Well, it looks like RIM finally did it - and I for one am really happy. However, I have been on the HTC Inspire since January and have grown accustomed to it. Although like others here I do prefer the real keyboard to a virtual one. There is something to be said about the larger screen too.

The last RIM phone I tried was the Torch and it was a disaster. The touch screen was way too sensitive and I couldn't get the sensitivity down enough to keep it from launching programs while riding in my pocket (even the lock key was too soft).

My next upgrade opportunity is in September. Meanwhile I am going to check the new Bold 9900 out carefully. It appears to be THE Blackberry I have always wanted them to build. I'm 50% on switching back right now but I want to play with it a bit to be sure.

Pete
    05-30-11 09:59 AM
    Definitely gonna look, but, barring major advances, the BB will be a collector's toy for me.

I'd love to come back, but I doubt any new BB devices will have the combination of tools I need for business and multimedia.
    05-30-11 10:53 AM
    My htc inspire has led notifications but it cant compare to the led notification customizations system that blackberry has. And the size and weight also is another issue for me and why Im considering the 9900. This htc inspire is really bulky, big, and heavy in the pocket now that the summer is here. I miss the blackberry holster belt clip, I could care less if I look like a geek, it was comfy and out of the way

I may keep htc inspire for media if theres a way to enable hotspot on the blackberry or just sell it and get a playbook.
    05-30-11 03:03 PM
    I'm DEFINITELY making the switch. Already gave up my EVO yesterday and am using an old 8530 on my personal account until the 9930 comes out (also use a 9800 for work). I liked the playing around with & exploring Android for the first few weeks, but after that the 'new' wore off and it wasn't all that interesting to me... sure, the big screen was nice, but I guess at heart I'm just a BlackBerry girl.
    05-30-11 04:05 PM
    Im a Evo user but after dropping my phone it is starting to have a few problems. Not eligible for upgrade so may have to pay total phone cost. Never had a Blackberry but just ordered a playbook and if I end up liking that then will take a hard look at the 9930. My concerns would be from playing with them in the store the browsers always seemed a bit slow. Phone looks great though from someone who has only had iphone and android phones
    06-01-11 02:51 PM
    Im a Evo user but after dropping my phone it is starting to have a few problems. Not eligible for upgrade so may have to pay total phone cost. Never had a Blackberry but just ordered a playbook and if I end up liking that then will take a hard look at the 9930. My concerns would be from playing with them in the store the browsers always seemed a bit slow. Phone looks great though from someone who has only had iphone and android phones
    the blackberry OS7 browser is much quicker. Kevin (from crackberry) did a comparison. it's on YouTube. the new browser with the extera ram and processor boost, oh, and faster wireless speeds... is much quicker. will give the iPhone speeds a run for it's money I think.
    06-01-11 04:09 PM
    Just sold my evo before the release date for the evo 3d comes out. Now on my friends 8330 and looking for something cheap to hold me over until the release of the bold touch because this thing isn't going to make it til August lol
    06-01-11 06:33 PM
    I got tired of waiting on BB to come out with something better for Verizon and bought the Droid X. I will pay full price to move back to a Blackberry with the new ones come out. I am so tired of the horrible battery life on the Droid X. The notifications and instant email are not nearly as good, either. I wish RIM would bring the Torch 2 to Verizon, too. I really like the slide out keyboard and the larger touch screen.
    06-01-11 06:58 PM
    I hope to get this phone as well. I'm so tired of android. It just isn't for me. But like tncowman, I would really love it if Verizon had the torch 2 as well so I could have more options.
    06-01-11 08:07 PM
    I have an Atrix on a secondary line. It's sitting in my kitchen drawer.
    I'm back to my Torch full time.
    I'm getting an air card on my extra line, don't know what I'll do with the Atrix. Probably give to a family member.
    06-02-11 02:58 AM
    Battery life between Android and Blackberry are significant, I charge my Curve 3G one night and unplug it around 8 am and use it moderately (BBM & SMS and a little BBAppWorld and web browsing via Opera Mini) and don't charge it the next night, the next day it showed 66%! With my Androids with moderate use from 8am to 5pm, it drops very rapidly when the screen is on and in the evening it's low enough that I have to charge it, I'm lucky if I can go 2 days without a charge on Android (which is very rare) but with BB it seems easy.
    06-02-11 10:15 AM
    i'll probably be switching from my Evo4g to the 9930.

Moreso for work than because I want to.

Evo3d however has twice the processor and all the gimmicks of 3d. So I dunno...

I might be one of those people who carry a phone and a tablet, maybe i'll get the 9930 and a Playbook.
    06-02-11 03:10 PM
    Tempted to ditch my Thunderbolt for a BB, but I don't have a BB device sitting around and I don't want to buy a used one with the 9930 releasing soon, so...
    06-02-11 03:47 PM
    I'm seriously considering the Bold 9930, but will have to mess around with it a bit to really be sure. I have a Droid Pro now and it works pretty well most of the time, but it's just not as efficient for messaging and communication. If the browsing on the Bold is still BB-esque, I'm going to have to pass. I need full websites.
    06-02-11 04:13 PM
    I just can't wait for this to launch
    06-02-11 04:35 PM
    Contemplating leaving my samsung epic for this if/when it comes to sprint. Any major differences? I've never had a blackberry and they seem very appealing. I like having the physical keyboard since I text a lot and the push e-mail is awesome. I'm just worried about having a phone that is slow, I've heard BB's are extremely slow and that it becomes very laggy at times.
    06-02-11 07:59 PM
    The recent OS6 devices (or even most of the OS5 devices) don't even really get slow other than web browsing heavy pages. The new processor is basically going to solve that.
    06-02-11 08:06 PM
    Contemplating leaving my samsung epic for this if/when it comes to sprint. Any major differences? I've never had a blackberry and they seem very appealing. I like having the physical keyboard since I text a lot and the push e-mail is awesome. I'm just worried about having a phone that is slow, I've heard BB's are extremely slow and that it becomes very laggy at times.
    Try one out. I believe the newer models are much more reliable.
    06-02-11 08:06 PM
    With OS6 they aren't slow anymore, my older Curve 8330 and Pearl Flip were sluggish but the 8530 wasn't bad and now my 9300 is quite fast and I haven't lagged yet. Besides newer BB's coming out soon will have a 1-1.2GHz CPU.
    06-02-11 09:13 PM
    The recent OS6 devices (or even most of the OS5 devices) don't even really get slow other than web browsing heavy pages. The new processor is basically going to solve that.
    Yep!! Can't wait for it!
    06-02-11 09:23 PM
    So should I jump ship to the new blackberry? I'm a pretty big texter, the hardware keyboard and touch screen have both been great only epic. The 9930 looks oh so tempting
    06-02-11 10:02 PM
    ^these new devices definitely wont be slow. My Bold 9650 on OS6 is pretty fast and the new devices have like double the processor speed.

Blackberry gives a lot that the Droids don't offer: my mom has a droid2 and sure it has more apps and cool little wallpaper things, but I love BBs message folder with emails, txtx, bbms, Facebook messages and notifications, twitter mentions etc all in one place. And I live on bbm! (themes are awesome too!)
    06-03-11 02:48 AM
    Am currently using the tmobile g2x(after switched from 9700, used the g2, now with this lg dual-core phone). I'm waiting patiently to switch back to BB once the bold touch is released. Android is cool and all, but I don't think I can stand the 5 hours battery life anymore.
    06-03-11 06:50 AM
107 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD