or at least thinking about it to get the 9930/9900?

Feels like I would be giving up alot of features that blacbkerry cant do, but then again I dont use those features everyday. I think the main thing I would miss is being able to stream live sports matches through the browser when I'm outside and not near a pc. Will this new OS7 browser be able to stream video?
    How about the QNX browser? I would think that would definitely be able to.
    05-27-11 10:36 AM
    When I am on my Galaxy S2, I miss my notification LED, I miss instant email and I miss the tactile keyboard. There is also a simplicity about the Blackberry system that has advantages over the Android OS.

I hope there is no QNX browser on any Blackberry phone until they get it all worked out. Videos on a 3" screen will leave me wanting!
    eBud and tncowman like this.
    05-27-11 10:53 AM
    Just switched back from an HTC inspire 4 to bb9700.

I wanted a phone that did it's job. Had service. Made calls. Lasted more than half a day. Email always worked and texts always worked.

Couldn't be happier. Will be getting 9900 when available.

So many phones aren't phones anymore. I have my ipad2 for all the junk and apps I want. But my phone needs to work and do it's job without fault. BB is the only one that does that in the smartphone world.
    eBud, tnewton3 and simsim like this.
    05-27-11 11:51 AM
    3" screen to stream videos would suffice in situations where I want to watch or at least listen to the game.

I'm on the htc inspire right now. Can you tether an ipad to the blackberry though? I believe a notebook you could.
    05-27-11 12:05 PM
    If you have a tethering plan, sure.

Or just get a playbook and use bridge Internet for free through your blackberry.

Inspire was fun, but texts sucks -exiting a text before it finishes sending saves it as a draft, sucky calendar -clicking a day in the future and adding a new appt brings you back to the current days date, battery-no competition, service-BB hands down.
    eBud likes this.
    05-27-11 02:32 PM
    I have the Inspire as well as the 9780. I have to admit, I love the way the Inspire does things as are as integration goes. I still haven't mastered the virtual keyboard and prefer the physical version. I don't care too much about the LED notification as I usually have to to vibrate anyway.
    05-27-11 02:44 PM
    I've mentioned this in a bunch of other threads but yeah, I currently have a Nexus S as my main phone, but I'm about 99% sure I plan to use the 9900 as my main one instead and just keep the Nexus as back up. Though to be fair, I'd never go from this phone to a Bold 9780 or lower, not enough functionality/power/plus I require some semblance of touch screen for my web browsing (oh yeah and a decent web browser). But the Bold 9900 rectifies most of my issues so why the heck not.
    05-27-11 03:03 PM

Or just get a playbook and use bridge Internet for free through your blackberry.

How does that work exactly? Till this day I havent visited any stores to play with the playbook. Most likely will this weekend though.

I definitely miss the led lights, messaging ease, and keyboard compared to the inspire. They are just two different type of devices. Im always hanging up on people with my cheek accidently, the speaker volume is pretty bad even with the fix for me. I might keep it as a back up for sure, but not my main phone.
    05-27-11 03:44 PM
    or at least thinking about it to get the 9930/9900?

Feels like I would be giving up alot of features that blacbkerry cant do, but then again I dont use those features everyday. I think the main thing I would miss is being able to stream live sports matches through the browser when I'm outside and not near a pc. Will this new OS7 browser be able to stream video?
    How about the QNX browser? I would think that would definitely be able to.
    Slingbox is cheaper in the long run and even works on a 9700 with OS 5
    05-27-11 04:57 PM
    Slingbox is cheaper in the long run and even works on a 9700 with OS 5
    But thats to watch programming from your cable boxes? I was referring to sites that stream games like ustream,justin.tv etc.
    05-27-11 05:56 PM
    well I am currently using the droid X and I am waiting patiently to switch back to BB once the bold touch is released. So add me to the list of going back to BB from android.

The only thing I might miss from having the DX is google navigation.
    05-27-11 08:34 PM
    How does that work exactly? Till this day I havent visited any stores to play with the playbook. Most likely will this weekend though.

I definitely miss the led lights, messaging ease, and keyboard compared to the inspire. They are just two different type of devices. Im always hanging up on people with my cheek accidently, the speaker volume is pretty bad even with the fix for me. I might keep it as a back up for sure, but not my main phone.
    There's another browser icon when connected called bridge browser. It uses your phone as the browser through Bluetooth, without dialing out through the carrier as a tether (although you can tether a phone for Internet as well). That's why ATT isn't happy about it.

No extra charges
    05-27-11 11:27 PM
    I had the moto Dext. after fiddling with stable eclaire and AOSP Gingerbread ROMS and trying to do everything that i constantly used on myh BB, i gave up and Switched to a Pearl. am 90% happy with it (sometimes it would be nice to have a bigger screen, or at least have crackberry mobile force the BB6 browser to render properly (not that hard - just grab the display resolution and imbed a page width override.)
    05-27-11 11:51 PM
    I had the SE X10a, Motorola XT701. Droid Pro and Atrix. The battery life on all of them were horrific. Android is a great OS, but until they do something about the battery life, I don't see myself owning another Android anytime soon. Blackberry suits my needs. When I hear people say RIM is behind Android and Apple, it depends on your needs and wants. For me, the Torch does everything I need it to do. The upcoming 9900 will do the same for me as well. So for me, I do not feel RIM is behind their competitors. I'm very happy with what they have to offer. Otherwise I would be using my iPhone4 as my main device. But I simply can't use the iPhone4 as my main device. I need a physical qwerty keyboard, push email, BBM, and the LED light! It's all about the LED light.
    eBud likes this.
    05-28-11 12:19 AM
    yeah im switching back once this phone is ready to come out.

I love my inspire, but I miss my Blackberry bold 9000
    05-28-11 12:45 AM
    I have a Torch, a Desire HD, and a Nexus S which I use as my daily-driver.
    Will almost definitely be picking up a 9900 after seeing what's said about it in real-world reviews a few weeks in, and I'm really hoping it lives up to it's promise and replaces the lot of them!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-11 05:00 AM
    So many phones aren't phones anymore.
    That is soooooo true.

I have friends who constantly whine that their "devices" are good at so many things... except working as a phone and lasting a few hours.

SO WHAT IS THE FREAKING POINT???????????????

I loved my Palm phones because they were simple and did everything I wanted WELL. I wasn't bothered with all the extraneous crap that other phones had but they didn't.

When Palm died I bounced around Windows, Android, even dipped a toe into IOS, but ended up at Blackberry. I regained the pleasure of knowing I had a rock-solid device in my pocket that did the few essentials I needed VERY WELL, and have my laptop and PC (and now my Playbook) for all the non-essential stuff.

I will get the 9900 for the basics, and the form factor. Couldn't give a flying... about the rest of the features. Or what it doesn't have.
    thlax likes this.
    05-28-11 11:40 AM
    The ability to communicate to others, email and bbm, is my primary need and Blackberry is king with their awesome keyboard. <-- For these reasons I can't imagine leaving BB. And... I can't wait for the larger 9900.

I do carry an Android Dell Streak 5 for my media/internet needs on a data only plan. I love that device, apps, and larger screen... so for me it seems like a two device world for now.
    05-28-11 12:03 PM
    I've recently left both Android (had a Droid, Incredible, Droid Pro, and Droid X) and iOS (had an iPhone 4) due to the fact that the phones felt more like toys. Android had great freedom, but was often laggy and didn't have great battery life. iOS had great battery life but didn't offer much customization and had an ecosystem that I didn't really want to be a part of. I've now moved on to Windows Phone 7 and from what I've seen so far, I like it. The fall update to Mango should be very welcome as the phone lacks some functionality with regards to basic tasks. However, I have an upgrade coming in July so I'll be checking out the Bold Touch when it's released. I thought about going back to a BlackBerry, but the Bold 9650 is so slow compared to what I've used recently. If the 9930 performs well and has a solid web browser, it might be enough to lure me away from WP7 as I always liked the physical keyboard and battery life of my previous BB phones..
    Last edited by Scout_313; 05-28-11 at 11:13 PM.
    05-28-11 11:08 PM
    I could careless for media, games and apps. As long as the device is dependable and notifying me of all and everything according to my preferrences. The customization is very deep and detailed as well. This is what I love about BlackBerry! Android and iPhone don't do this. Can't do this. Even with just notifications alone, the Android and iPhone platforms fail miserably but, they're supposedly the new hi-tec..? Hahaha
    05-28-11 11:31 PM
    I delete all the games and other crap that came on my 9780. I, like other just want what RIm phones do best. Good call quality, best mail and get contact info with calendar. Nothing does it better than RIM and the 9900 does it the best! Still like to see the Monza!
    05-29-11 07:50 AM
    i got torch 9800 and htc desire.
    torch is the best for now - from connectivity, data packaging and battery life.
    one thing is missing : wifi hotspot. my htc can do it as any froyo device can do, and that brings life to my playbook.
    torch talk to playbook in bluetooth..hence its gprs bridge speed. if it talks in wifi, bridge will be very good.
    05-29-11 08:22 AM
    i too will be switching back once the bold comes out. i had the tour for a while but went to the droid x. pretty happy with the purchase but i dont need a phone with media capabilities since i have a 4th gen ipod touch already =D

just need a phone that will work and work well.
    05-29-11 10:33 AM
    I too can't wait to dump my Droid X. Its fun for what it is, and android as a whole is pretty cool, but I think they have a little more work before the OS is really polished. But a Blackberry is what I really need, a solid messaging device. While I wish I had the Bold Touch like yesterday, I'm not all that put off by the delays.
    05-29-11 11:30 AM
    I have already switched to a torch from HTC Desire Z android, and will upgrade to Bold 9900 when it is available. Android is just too buggy and battery life sucks. Honestly, I don't miss a thing about android, Torch is so much more useful and suit better my needs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-11 09:54 PM
107 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD